Picked up a pair of Klipsch RP-160ms on Black Friday, these suckers are damn near full range.

Y

yepimonfire

Audioholic Samurai

47hz bump is my room, haven’t run Audyssey yet, but at 76dB, the -3dB point is 32hz. Played some electronic music with tons of bass, switching between a 60hz xover and full band, I couldn’t hear a difference. They’re about 4dB louder than the 150ms too.

They do sound slightly brighter, also have tighter imaging for whatever reason. Due to the 1500hz xover and 1.25” great diameter woofer, and larger horn, I expect directivity control to extend down a bit further that the 1.5khz of the 150m.

Y

yepimonfire

Audioholic Samurai
Slightly better with multeq. In room response is about 32hz. My sub only gains me an extra 9hz...

Time for a new sub?

Hell yes...

F

Foxrox

Junior Audioholic
If you don’t mind my asking, what price did you find them for on Black Friday? I’ve been considering a pair of Klipsch bookshelves for music in my living room. Was thinking the 160s were a bit more than I wanted to spend.

Klipschhead302

Klipschhead302

Senior Audioholic
If you don’t mind my asking, what price did you find them for on Black Friday? I’ve been considering a pair of Klipsch bookshelves for music in my living room. Was thinking the 160s were a bit more than I wanted to spend.
I got mine for $325.00 on eBay, couldn't be happier, they sound incredible.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis