Picard, A New Hope For Star Trek?

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Although PQ and SQ are only part of the experience, I’ve become very spoiled when it comes to PQ. Thus, I can’t watch anything with “lower” PQ, which means all the old stuffs. :D

I tried watching all the ST series when they were initially released, but I really hated all of them.

So I guess ST Discovery and Picard are the only 2 ST series I like. :D
Man, you are missing out. TNG is one of the greatest ever. Granted, I watched it with my parents when it was first on, but they are both huge Star Trek fans. I think they've watched all of the series at this point.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Man, you are missing out. TNG is one of the greatest ever. Granted, I watched it with my parents when it was first on, but they are both huge Star Trek fans. I think they've watched all of the series at this point.
I'll watch it for sure when they have remastered TNG series in 4K. :D

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
So I read that Seven of Nine is in it. I think I can wait and binge one or two seasons though. :)
I had to rewind a few scenes when watching Bosch because Jeri Ryan in a dress makes me find my religion.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
Might as well turn in my nerd card, because I haven't watched TNG either. Shame on me! My streaming backlog is as bad as my Steam backlog. All hope is lost!

Just read an article that CBS All Access won't work in Linux regardless of which browser you use. I don't use Linux but that seems rather short sighted, especially if folks already paid.

Heavy-handed DRM always leads people to the same place:
NCC.jpg

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
I had to rewind a few scenes when watching Bosch because Jeri Ryan in a dress makes me find my religion.
Yep she played a great character in Bosch. I wonder when the next season of Bosch is scheduled to be released?

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I have watched the 1st two episodes of Picard. Besides PQ and SQ being incredible, the story is very engaging, I am totally hooked.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Youtube offered a free watch of the first episode courtesy of CBS but I didn't get all the way thru it. I don't plan on signing up for CBS in any case, tho. I did watch the original ST series on tv and the Shatner-Kirk movies (and the Chris Pine-Kirk ones), but no experience with the other ST spinoffs. Maybe I'll try the free episode again....

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Youtube offered a free watch of the first episode courtesy of CBS but I didn't get all the way thru it. I don't plan on signing up for CBS in any case, tho. I did watch the original ST series on tv and the Shatner-Kirk movies (and the Chris Pine-Kirk ones), but no experience with the other ST spinoffs. Maybe I'll try the free episode again....
If only someone you knew had the episodes and you could just watch them without the hassle.... :)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I thought Picard Episode 2 was a little boring. Episode 1 was much better.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
The Drinker is unimpressed, but there's hope yet!

It's funny. Even tho he mostly slams it, I'm gonna check it now out based on those reviews. I know how hyper critical this guy can be and am familiar with his tongue in cheek delivery. I think if you read between the lines he's saying it's not too bad so far, but falls pretty short of "awesome".

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
The Drinker is unimpressed, but there's hope yet!

It's funny. Even tho he mostly slams it, I'm gonna check it now out based on those reviews. I know how hyper critical this guy can be and am familiar with his tongue in cheek delivery. I think if you read between the lines he's saying it's not too bad so far, but falls pretty short of "awesome".
Well, if the whole season of Picard is more like Episode 1, then it's great. If it's more like Episode 2, then it's just average.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I quite like the series so far. I wasn't a big fan of ST Next Generation with the exception of the episodes with Q. Those were the most entertaining to watch. When I grow up, I wanna be just like Q. :p

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
I've only seen episode 1. I enjoyed it.

Then again: I enjoyed the first half of STD season 1 too....

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
I quite like the series so far. I wasn't a big fan of ST Next Generation with the exception of the episodes with Q. Those were the most entertaining to watch. When I grow up, I wanna be just like Q. :p
But if you watch the entire series it would seem that Q never grew up. :)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis