Photobucket sees the light?

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Got an e-mail from them about an hour ago. Seems they were about to tank completely or something and decided to change their pricing policy.

I had gotten so disgusted at the way they kidnapped my images and demanded ransom that I stopped even looking at my own pictures there. Worse, because I refused to pay, every time I did go to the site I was bombarded by pop-ups, and some of them were downright malicious. It had been at least three months since I even looked.

So I decided to risk $20 for a year. No pop-ups, back to what it used to be...for free. Now honestly, I don't expect something for nothing and do fully expect them to jack up that price every year. I won't add but a few more here & there, for testing purposes, and will certainly keep archived originals on my home PC.

Aaannnddd….I still can't get it to share the link. Bastards.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Got an e-mail from them about an hour ago. Seems they were about to tank completely or something and decided to change their pricing policy.

I had gotten so disgusted at the way they kidnapped my images and demanded ransom that I stopped even looking at my own pictures there. Worse, because I refused to pay, every time I did go to the site I was bombarded by pop-ups, and some of them were downright malicious. It had been at least three months since I even looked.

So I decided to risk $20 for a year. No pop-ups, back to what it used to be...for free. Now honestly, I don't expect something for nothing and do fully expect them to jack up that price every year. I won't add but a few more here & there, for testing purposes, and will certainly keep archived originals on my home PC.

Aaannnddd….I still can't get it to share the link. Bastards.
They deserve to go out of business!

Johnny2Bad

Johnny2Bad

Audioholic Chief
Why didn't you switch to imgur like everyone else and stop giving this company a lifeline? They are going to go broke and take not just your previously uploaded images, but now your new images with them.

At least promise us you won't use them for images in your posts here. We might want to view them six months from now.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Because they had thousands of my images, and perhaps a hundred or two that I had uploaded directly from my phone and DON'T have saved anywhere else due to a phone mishap. It'll take me a while, but I can at least now download them to my computer and save with all the others. Any new images I take with my multiple cameras are by default saved to my PC, any I upload there from my phone are duplicated on Google.

I don't know anything about Imgur other than when I click on some folks' Imgur-based images and their site opens, I also get a lot of non-related photos. Seems weird. There's no free lunch for hosted images it seems, so all the ones I've posted here since Photobucket went tits-up have been uploaded direct from my PC to here.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Interesting, I seem to be able to use my pictures from there without buying anything. Here is an example.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
A whole box of anal beads?? OMG! :oops:

BTW, I notice what appears to be a Massachusetts plate on the car. I'm in MA, are you or is that a photo pulled from the interweb?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I am sure the ultimate reason is the DROVES (duh, what did you think would happen) of people who simply said EFF YOU when they tried to charge. Let's see....

Looks like my Pros & Joes thread works again, so I guess they got bought or figured something out. Like, to stay in business you need customers lol. If your service doesn't justify the cost vs. benefit of using it, then fewer people will use it.

Last edited:
ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
A whole box of anal beads?? OMG! :oops:

BTW, I notice what appears to be a Massachusetts plate on the car. I'm in MA, are you or is that a photo pulled from the interweb?
That's a famous member on here named Alex, not me.....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis