Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Funny. I always imagined you with the head of a cat. :D

Was the Ruger pistol a 22/45 target model, kind of like the one pictured below? I've got an earlier model, and I agree that it's a lot of fun.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Unfortunately, as much as I like cats, I am very allergic :( Did allergy testing not too long ago to confirm the allergy, and it turns out I'm allergic to them and 33 other things :(

The pistol looked like the one you linked, only not shiny :D

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Got a mini tv stand to put on top of my tv stand so my tv isn't sitting on top of my center any more. It was only $34 - a lot cheaper than replacing my current stand :)

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
Ruger, but a target pistol also in .22 LR (fun)
last was the AK-47 in 7.62x39mm. I did poorly with that, but it was fun. My hearing protection was getting in the way of holding the rifle properly so that was kind of annoying though.
I've shot with that same pistol model before. Very nice.

Also, very nice system set ups.

I was wondering about the lack of a cat(s) in the photos. That sucks you're allergic.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Thanks. About the allergies...I started rush immunotherapy in december - got 16 shots the first day. I go once a week for another pair of shots :) I'll get a cat eventually. My girlfriend has 4!

I see you don't get much sleep in your bedroom.
true :)

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
Thanks. About the allergies...I started rush immunotherapy in december - got 16 shots the first day. I go once a week for another pair of shots :) I'll get a cat eventually. My girlfriend has 4!

true :)
4 cats!!
You may need shots. but your girlfriend needs therapy.;)

Nice set-up.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
They are outdoor cats, and they are all rescued strays basically. They don't go in the house with her, so she's not some crazy cat lady :D

Her sisters have cats in their homes though and when I go visit I like to play with them even though I'm allergic.

Here's her sister's cat Coke:

And thanks :)

timoteo

timoteo

Audioholic General
Thats a beautiful cat!!

I have 2 dogs (GoldenRetriever & Shiba-Inu) & up until about 3 months ago we had 2 cats (American Tabbys). 1 of our cats liked to go outside sometimes. Then one day he never came back :( we had him for over 7yrs & so we were really sad about loosing him. We are thinking coyotes because i posted signs, searched the streets & checked the local shelters online. Just one of those things i guess. He really loved going outside so i didnt want to confine him. That was the risk we took. That pic looks a lot like our good ol' "Peno" (short for jalapeno).

I to grew up allergic to cats. But my wife begged for one. Since cats dont have dander as kittens i slowly grew ammune to the cat as she grew up then we got a second one. Now i rarely ever get an itchy eye or sneeze. Interesting!!

Anyways just thought id share that little story.
I love animals!!!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The odd thing about pet allergies is, you may be allergic to one cat breed and not another one. Some breeds are worse for oils and dander, and you may be allergic to something specific about a breed. Also, being around them can make you get "used" to it. I didn't have cats for years and then my daughter begged too so we got one and I sneezed for a while too. After a while, it went away. Then my daughter moved out...and I still have the cat 7 years later, no allergies.

HexOmega

HexOmega

Audioholic
Hi Phillip,

Always good to see a fellow Opeth fan in action :D

I too have developed immunity to animal allergies. As a young child I received allergy shots regularly for environmental allergies, and could hardly go near others' animals.

Now after having lived with my parents' 130lb dog and wife's two cats, the allergies very rarely phase me anymore. When I do have the occasional issue a few Allegra and Neti Pot treatments generally do the trick.

Your setup sure looks nice! Who makes those monitors again?

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Thats a beautiful cat!!

I have 2 dogs (GoldenRetriever & Shiba-Inu) & up until about 3 months ago we had 2 cats (American Tabbys). 1 of our cats liked to go outside sometimes. Then one day he never came back :( we had him for over 7yrs & so we were really sad about loosing him. We are thinking coyotes because i posted signs, searched the streets & checked the local shelters online. Just one of those things i guess. He really loved going outside so i didnt want to confine him. That was the risk we took. That pic looks a lot like our good ol' "Peno" (short for jalapeno).

I to grew up allergic to cats. But my wife begged for one. Since cats dont have dander as kittens i slowly grew ammune to the cat as she grew up then we got a second one. Now i rarely ever get an itchy eye or sneeze. Interesting!!

Anyways just thought id share that little story.
I love animals!!!
Yes, Coke is super pretty. I've got no issues with dogs. My sister and brother in law have a german shepard and a mutt (who are both awesome). My grandparents have a little mutt and an italian greyhound. I might get a dog in the future as well, but I definitely want a cat more.

This is Sasha:

Bella:

Sucks losing your cat though :(

The odd thing about pet allergies is, you may be allergic to one cat breed and not another one. Some breeds are worse for oils and dander, and you may be allergic to something specific about a breed. Also, being around them can make you get "used" to it. I didn't have cats for years and then my daughter begged too so we got one and I sneezed for a while too. After a while, it went away. Then my daughter moved out...and I still have the cat 7 years later, no allergies.
Well, I certainly hope I grow immune like yall have been saying. Hopefully the treatments combined with time/exposure will help :) Every cat I've been around has given me a reaction though - I get itchy/watery eyes, sneezing/watery nose, coughing, etc. When I had my allergy skin test done, cats were one of the things I was MOST allergic to. On a scale of 0-4, they were a 4 :(

Hi Phillip,

Always good to see a fellow Opeth fan in action :D

I too have developed immunity to animal allergies. As a young child I received allergy shots regularly for environmental allergies, and could hardly go near others' animals.

Now after having lived with my parents' 130lb dog and wife's two cats, the allergies very rarely phase me anymore. When I do have the occasional issue a few Allegra and Neti Pot treatments generally do the trick.

Your setup sure looks nice! Who makes those monitors again?
Hi :) I've seen them twice in concert now. Once back in 2005, and then last year. I wasn't a big fan of Heritage, but Opeth still rocks :D

My allergy shots cover everything but food allergens. I do have annoying environmental allergies in addition to the animal allergies. I take an allergy pill daily along with a nasal spray. It sucks. It only really started a couple years ago. I dunno what triggered them (environmental, not the cat allergy. I've been allergic to cats for as long as I can remember).

Thanks. The primary monitor is a Dell U2412M (24" 1920x1200) and the one on the right is an old Samsung 204T (20.1" 1600x1200).

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
I picked up some new glasses today. Finally. Been using the same glasses for something like six years! My prescription didn't change all that much, but I do have astigmatism now and my old glasses didn't correct for that.

old and busted:

new hotness:

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
lol :D

Here's me yesterday after I picked em up (and went back to work :()

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
New nick name.... "the Devil"!:rolleyes::D

Alex may call you "New Hotness" though... just saying.:p

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Not much has changed in the last year. Still too much crap jammed into one bedroom :) One of these days I'll repaint the room and get an actual desk for the computer, and probably some wall mounted shelves from ikea that I think jostenmeat linked me to. I still want a bigger tv (plasma!) but I dunno when I'll be making any big purchases since I've got a car payment again :(

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis