Philharmonic Audio - 3-way open back ML-TQWTs designed by Dennis Murphy

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
I'm with you partner, no Face account, have no need for it.:)
My account is only to stay connected to my daughters while their away in college and with distant relatives. ;), heck with the daughters they would rather text you or ask you something or share something via facebook, than use " the freaking telephone, or email". :mad: kids

monkish54

monkish54

Audioholic General
My account is only to stay connected to my daughters while their away in college and with distant relatives. ;), heck with the daughters they would rather text you or ask you something or share something via facebook, than use " the freaking telephone, or email". :mad: kids
OMG. You want us to email? That's archaic! This isn't 1998 anymore pops. ;) LAWL. JK. :D :D

In all seriousness, I would MUCH rather text then email. Email takes too long. You can't have a flowing conversation.

That said, I too would rather text then call. I agree with what George Calin thinks a phone call should be.

WARNING "GRAPHIC LANGUAGE"

I just don't enjoy sitting on the phone yabbing with someone. After a short time it becomes awkward and uncomfortable because neither person has anything to say, but they both want to talk to the other. In that regard, texting is much better. I can say something to you, and be done with it. When I have something else to say, I'll say it. There isn't 2 minute intervals of silence because we miss each other but have nothing to say. If you want to talk to me, lets meet and have food or go to the park etc. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
N

nogaro

Full Audioholic
On another note, I did compare the monitors with my CA0W2's last night. The difference in bass response was a little greater than I expected--the monitors definitely have a cleaner, deeper foundation. There's a little more midrange presence with the CA0W2's--that's no doubt due to the smaller woofer and to the 2nd order crossover, which results in more driver overlap. The highs would be a matter of personal taste and program material. Overall, the monitors have a more open sound with a a slightly more distant perspective, and significantly deeper bass. They are very close to my 3's on a majority of music, but obviously no match when reproducing an organ or orchestra at full cry in a huge acoustic space.
Thank you very much for doing this, Dennis. Since I'm using a subwoofer with the CAOW2s, the bass response shouldn't be a deciding factor for me. Sounds like it'll mostly come down to the character of the highs, which means I'll have to go out and hear some ribbons or, better yet, find someone in my area with monitors who is willing to host. Thanks again!

monkish54

monkish54

Audioholic General
Profile changed - thanks for the reminder. Although, I'll need to change it again in a few weeks as I'm moving to the bay area (NorCal).
If you wanna take a trip down to the SoCal (91311) after you get settled in your new home, I have the Philharmonic 2. If the boss gives the ok, you are more than welcome to hear 'em! :D

You can also hear the KEF Blade while you're down here. :D

http://www.audiohigh.com/vendors/KefBlade.html

N

nogaro

Full Audioholic
If you wanna take a trip down to the SoCal (91311) after you get settled in your new home, I have the Philharmonic 2. If the boss gives the ok, you are more than welcome to hear 'em! :D
I might just have to take you up on that! A buddy of mine lives in Northridge and I'm sure I'll drive down to see him after I'm settled in. Thanks for the offer.

N

nogaro

Full Audioholic
He/she practically lives right around the corner. :D

No problem! :D

Why you moving out to the Bay?

BTW you might be interested in this:

California Audio Show - Northern California's HiFi Audio Show
That's great! I'll definitely check with you when I plan my trip down there.

I'm moving to be closer to someone I've been dating for the past 3years. There's only so much I can enjoy the TSA pat-downs!

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out in a bit.

monkish54

monkish54

Audioholic General
Hey Dennis,

Have you ever played the 2s loud enough to actually feel bass?

D

Dennis Murphy

Audioholic General
Nope. Haven't played them loud enough. I don't think I've even played them over 90db peak..
I can certainly feel the bass, but I have super-tight hardwood floors and a solid plank subfloor. The 2's are flat down to 31-32 Hz. If there's bass in that region on your source, you should feel it, although cement and carpeting will dull the effect.

monkish54

monkish54

Audioholic General
I can certainly feel the bass, but I have super-tight hardwood floors and a solid plank subfloor. The 2's are flat down to 31-32 Hz. If there's bass in that region on your source, you should feel it, although cement and carpeting will dull the effect.
Have any songs you'd recommend for a "feel the bass" performance?

I'm carpet free. Working with tile, right now. :D

D

Dennis Murphy

Audioholic General
Have any songs you'd recommend for a "feel the bass" performance?

I'm carpet free. Working with tile, right now. :D
You should get the feel from my demo disc. Track 1, and also the organ track. And the bass drum on the Copeland. And the down down deep thing.

monkish54

monkish54

Audioholic General
...remember that Scurve Coral track? :D
Now that song will let me feel the bass....when the SB shoots out of the enclosure and hits me in the head! :p :D

I don't know why I didn't think of that. :D Great track...kinda creepy though. I want to feel the bass...not the pee. :D

Thanks! :D

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
Give an update. I think I read that the phil 2s are tuned around 27hz, and I doubt it really has much energy below 30hz, so I doubt you'll bottom it.

Well, if you destroy the SB, it's only 200 to replace the pair.

monkish54

monkish54

Audioholic General
Give an update. I think I read that the phil 2s are tuned around 27hz, and I doubt it really has much energy below 30hz, so I doubt you'll bottom it.

Well, if you destroy the SB, it's only 200 to replace the pair.
I haven't tried it yet. :p

I'll listen right now. :D

The Philharmonic 2s are tuned to 32hz. :)

Given my current financial situation that is very comforting! :D

monkish54

monkish54

Audioholic General
I don't think the Philharmonic 2s like that song very much...that's a lot of exertion! :p

I don't think I'll be playing that song again until I model my W15GTI MKII...

Your Mael probably looks forward to that song! :D

I'm gonna try Fan Fare. :D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis