Philadelphia vs. The Evil Empire [aka The Patty Cakes]

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
Where do I start? My feverish brain is simultaneously imploding/exploding trying to figure out how we got here. It still feels so surreal. Common sense and rational thought have been discarded and now I’m just all raw nerves and synapses gone amok.

On the one hand I want this victory today for my grandson, even if in the future he doesn’t remember it, so he doesn’t have to feel like a 2nd class citizen when dealing with our NFC East rivals, whose trophy cases are bursting with multiple Lombardi trophies. Jealous? U betcha. I’m the wild green-eyed monster when it comes to this “want”. And I also need this for my own bruised & battered psyche/ego after being hijacked for the last 44 years, win or lose. My fandom is irrational. I realize that about this beautifully stupid game. I know these athletes are just guns for hire to the highest bidder, more so in the modern age. I know they’re flawed heroes with questionable morals in some instances but no more or less than the general population. In many ways u might say they’re a reflection of us all … just with better physical abilities than we can ever hope to be blessed with. Enough dime store philosophizing.

I’ve dreamt of this rematch since 2005. And don’t forget, Revenge is a dish best served Foled [rim shot!!!]. As Dom, my in-game text buddy, can attest, I was actually rooting for the Patriots to win, no matter how distasteful it felt, two weeks ago. My self-loathing reached new heights that day. I wasn’t happy about their victory but karma tells me, this is way it should be. When people like Dawkins (congrats to Brian for being elected to Hall of Fame yesterday), Trotter, Hugh Douglass, other defensive players of that ’05 squad and Steve Spagnuolo, assistant to Jim Johnson (DC), to this day claim that the Patty Cakes cheated … they were calling out the defensive blitzes/alignments correctly throughout the game … u have to take it to heart. These were players who previously never, ever accused another team of cheating or hijinks. When they lost, they fessed up and made no excuses about it and that was the end of it. I can still taste the bile.
http://www.phillyvoice.com/former-eagles-lb-coach-steve-spagnuolo-hints-strongly-patriots-cheated-super-bowl/

Lose today and I’ll live to fight again. But a win, ah that’s something altogether different. This is a microcosm of everything that I can see, hear and breathe in this day and age. Good vs. Evil. Greed vs. Sharing the load. Look around u. When is enough, enough? When is this dynastic horseshit gonna stop? Someone has to put a stop to this. Every franchise in the NFL gets a city, these greedy $*&^%@! get six states. Speaking of evil, can u imagine Lurie giving Vladie Putin or 45 a Super Bowl ring? Kraft and Mr. Happy have, respectively. Good has to win today so it can restore my belief in the goodness of my fellow man, otherwise we’re all doomed. BTW, did I mention I’m Cuckoo-for Coco Puffs?

The game is won in the trenches, right?
https://www.theringer.com/nfl-playoffs/2018/1/23/16921786/eagles-fletcher-cox-defensive-line-super-bowl
According to various football pundits Philly is the clear winner here on both sides of the ball. Skill positions (RB, WR, TE)? In the aggregate Philly just squeaks by. So why the continuing underdog status? Simple, the tag team duo of Tom Terrific Brady and Mr. Happy Bill Belichick. Probably the two biggest positions in this team sport. There’s no denying the GOAT status of these two in the modern age of football, better than Montana & Walsh, Bradshaw & Knoll and whoever else u want to nominate. The debate was settled last year once and for all after their horrific comeback against the Falcons. There is no safe lead against these two cretins, but luckily for us Dougie Gigante Cojones Pederson coaches like a starving man at an all-you-can-eat buffet. Stay hungry Doug.

Seeing ghosts Tommy Boy?
https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/955185032196382720
If the defensive line shows up today for the “whole” game this could be a common occurrence during the game and we could all grant Gisele’s wish to have Mr. Bunchen retire permanently.

A shout out to these Eagles fans outpost in Boston. Truly on the front lines of the battle ahead.
Read about their harrowing stories of bravery & persistence.
http://www.phillyvoice.com/for-eagles-fans-deep-in-enemy-territory-life-can-be-pure-hell/

MVP? Jay Ajayi. Here’s hoping he has a Timmy Smith … look it up … kind of night or Fletcher Cox just manhandles Brady’s Pretorian Guard like toy soldiers on the way to 3 sacks and a recovered forced fumble. Runner up? Santa Nicola Foles. Another 3 TD, 352 yd. performance guarantees he’ll be cruising around Texas in a brand new Ford pick-up truck, after coming back from Disneyland to remind Cowgirls fans who America’s Team truly is … with God on his side. J The longest of long shot’s? Torrey Smith, the NFL’s version of Roberto Duran with “hands of stone”. While I’ve cringed in disbelief on how many passes he’s dropped throughout the year from both Wentz & Foles, he surely has the speed to get behind a defender on long ball plays and seems genuinely like a nice guy.

Justin Timberlake, Pink? Why is god so displeased with me?

Game prediction? You’re joking, right? With my past record in this field? LOL!!!. Logic dictates I should pick the Patsies for a happy ending for my beloved Birds.

What needs to happen? Simple, put ur foot on their throats and start knifing them repeatedly. Pour on the gas liberally & watch them go up in flames and then just leave the charred remains to smolder and afterwards scatter them to the four winds. Yeah, that should work.

Miscellaneous

It seems the bad blood between Santa & Eagles fans has been resolved and they’ve buried the hatchet.
https://twitter.com/Eagles/status/944236096530952193?ref_src=twsrc^tfw&ref_url=http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/eagles-fans-snowballs-santa-espn-20171222.html

A funny read about an Eagles celebrity fan.
https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2018/2/1/16955100/bradley-cooper-eagles-celebrity-fan

Ready?!?!?!

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
As a Redskins fan, I'm hardly unbiased about other NFC East teams.

(My intensity as a Redskins fan grows smaller each year that Dangerous Dan Snyder owns the team. But I digress…)​

Normally I despise all other NFC East teams equally, NY Giants, Dallas (especially Dallas!) and Philadelphia. However, this year I found myself pleased to see that the recently hapless Iggles were actually doing things right. After years of stepping on their d!cks, they fielded a team any fan would be proud of. Good for them. (Unfortunately another team owner also known for stepping on his own d!ck, Dangerous Dan, was not paying attention to how Philadelphia managed such a rapid comeback, as he finally, on his 3rd try, managed to get rid of the best quarterback Washington has seen in over a generation.)

I normally root for New England, Tom Brady, and Bill Belichick. Part of me wants Tom Terrific to win another Superbowl, and then retire at age 40 as the best ever QB of all time. And the other part wants to see the Iggles complete their comeback and upset the Patriots. The only thing holding me back, while I can stand to see the Iggles win, I cannot abide those obnoxious Philadelphia Iggles fans celebrating. Like I said, I'm hardly unbiased.

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
As a Redskins fan, I'm hardly unbiased about other NFC East teams.

(My intensity as a Redskins fan grows smaller each year that Dangerous Dan Snyder owns the team. But I digress…)​

Normally I despise all other NFC East teams equally, NY Giants, Dallas (especially Dallas!) and Philadelphia. However, this year I found myself pleased to see that the recently hapless Iggles were actually doing things right. After years of stepping on their d!cks, they fielded a team any fan would be proud of. Good for them. (Unfortunately another team owner also known for stepping on his own d!ck, Dangerous Dan, was not paying attention to how Philadelphia managed such a rapid comeback, as he finally, on his 3rd try, managed to get rid of the best quarterback Washington has seen in over a generation.)

I normally root for New England, Tom Brady, and Bill Belichick. Part of me wants Tom Terrific to win another Superbowl, and then retire at age 40 as the best ever QB of all time. And the other part wants to see the Iggles complete their comeback and upset the Patriots. The only thing holding me back, while I can stand to see the Iggles win, I cannot abide those obnoxious Philadelphia Iggles fans celebrating. Like I said, I'm hardly unbiased.
Your right, we're so well endowed we do keep stepping all over it. :p

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
sadly Madame Bovary accepted an invitation to a Stupor Bowl party without my knowledge so I can't banter with u guys now. but I do plan on having an epileptic seizure around the end of the 1st quarter, so u might hear back from me around then. unless we're losing at which point all u will hear are tumbling tumbleweeds

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
The Iggles win. It was a close battle, with much brilliant offensive play, lots of scoring, and almost no mistakes. The New England offensive line was almost perfect protecting Tom Brady. One play, the forced fumble late in the game, made the difference. Give credit to the Philadelphia defensive front seven – they won the game.

I was glad to see the TV announcers show the Philadelphia General Manager. After loosing a power struggle with a former coach (Chip Kelly), he was re-hired and put together a team that made a startling comeback from the ruins that remained after Kelly was fired. What was his name? Ponzio, or another Eagles fan, please help. (Note that I deliberately spelled the team name correctly.)

When will the NFL simplify it's rules defining what makes a completed pass? That poorly defined rule came close to spoiling the nature of Philadelphia's win. The league had to decide whether that score was a touchdown or an incomplete pass. Fortunately, the game was ultimately decided by the forced fumble that soon followed.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I'm exhausted...:D

Fourth Eagles Championship! First since it's been called "Super Bowl"!!!!!!!

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
When will the NFL simplify it's rules defining what makes a completed pass? That poorly defined rule came close to spoiling the nature of Philadelphia's win. The league had to decide whether that score was a touchdown or an incomplete pass.
Ertz became a runner as soon as he caught the ball and took 4 steps toward the goal line. the ball crossed the plane. that is a touchdown.

if he had caught the ball on the goal line and juggled it like he did, then it's an incomplete pass.

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
Hats off to Dougie Gigante Cojones Pederson. Hung in there, play for play, against one of the greatest coaches of our era.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Ertz became a runner as soon as he caught the ball and took 4 steps toward the goal line. the ball crossed the plane. that is a touchdown.

if he had caught the ball on the goal line and juggled it like he did, then it's an incomplete pass.
I'm not disputing the call itself. I am complaining that the NFL's foolish rules made video replay and nitpicking debate so frequently necessary. Change the rules so the officials on the field can make decisive calls without delay.

Please, what's the name of the Philly GM?

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
Howie Roseman, aka The Weasel. Unbelievable job the last 2 years before he was kicked upstairs during that disastrous Chipah reign.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Congratulations, Eagles Fans and Patriots haters.

I watched that with a room full of pats fans and it got real quiet when I mentioned something about their team being cheaters. They think I should read a book by Norman Vincent Peal.

Johnny2Bad

Johnny2Bad

Audioholic Chief
The Super Bowl is too often a matter of choosing between two Evils rather than really cheering for a favourite. So it was with this year's game for me personally, but I am glad the Eagles prevailed.

I would have much preferred Atlanta or the Vikings in the big game, but with 32 teams it's hard to get the result you wish for. Congrats to Philly, both teams rather quickly adjusted to what would be an offence-driven game (so no blowout) and it played out the way championship games should ... with improbable plays deciding the game while both teams displayed a high effort.

I was struck by how composed Philly, with zero Super Bowl wins, was against a formidable opponent. That is not always the case, with nervous play (players trying too hard, and coaches out-coaching themselves) so often being evident in these games. That, as much as anything, played a huge part in their victory.

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
Repeat after me … the Philadelphia Eagles are World Champions. Now there are some words I thought I would never be saying this year or next year for that matter. I’ll be honest, two years ago I really thought I might never see this, the whole sands of time spiel, and how it would get away from me before it was too late. Is it important as the day I met & married Britannica, the birth of my children or grandson, the two extra years I got with my dad after he was diagnosed with cancer? Of course not … not even close … but it is surely right up there and I can finally cross this off my bucket list. Life’s been good to me.

How do u like me now Giants, Cowboys, Redskins fans?

Hats off to Dougie Gigante Cojones Pederson. Hung in there, play for play, against one of the greatest coaches of our era, win, lose or draw. The Vinyl-Siding Salesman called a superb game and never lost his mo-jo. Came in 6th place for Coach of the Year. What a joke. Maybe the NFL should re-think about the timing of this vote moving forward.

Santa Nicola Foles. The man has ice water in his veins and jalapeno peppers for cojones. Couldn’t have happened to a nicer guy, considering his past & present with this team. And he catches an ‘effin touchdown in the Super Bowl. That’s just sick man. :) Move over Cinderella.

To the team as a whole. To the pro-bowlers, back-ups, the scrubs, the guys on IR who hung around instead of disappearing into the background and sharing in the glory, to the assistant coaches for keeping their eyes and the players eyes on the prize.

To Pie Face & The Weasel. I’ve made a lot of jokes over the years, at their expense. Please forgive my lack of faith in u guys and the whole organization.

To Wentzdini and the amazing year he had and putting the team in this position to be as successful as it was. All hail to our Ginger Jesus.

57 years. That’s how long it took. 5 years short of how long I’ve crawled and walked on this earth. WOW!!!

Were we destined to win? U tell me. Tommy Terrific hung 505 yards, 3 TD’s and zero interceptions on us, the most by any QB against another team during the regular or post-season and we … still … won!!!. Thank U Madame Destiny and Brandon Graham for making it all so real in the end.

Could Vikings fans be anymore pissed off than they are today? As if the beat-down two weeks ago wasn’t bad enough, to have ur tormentors win the Super Bowl in ur own home town after treating our well-traveled fans all week like Typhoid Mary’s, all over Minneapolis. Real classy Minnesota.

And no, we didn’t burn down the city, overturn cars or break out into a riot. Cheers to all the Philly fans for being a class act.

To my grandson. It only took u a year and a half of ur life to get here but obviously u were the missing good luck charm that this team and I needed. ;) Three cheers for Willie.

People are already wringing their hands about the future of this team. Who’s leaving, staying, players, coaches, can we repeat? STOP! Let’s enjoy this win for a while and the future will take care of itself.

Vegas has already installed the Patty Cakes to win Super Bowl LIII. The disrespect continues. Gotta love it. :D Woof-Woof.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis