people who have bonfires on hot summer evenings

WmAx

WmAx

Audioholic Samurai
Yamahaluver said:
These are too tame, email me if you need the real recipe.
Sure, I'de like to see a 'real' recipe. :) I would email as you requested, but it appears you have that option swithced off on your profile.

My email is: wmax@linaeum.com

-Chris

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

If it's not a "state secret," I'd like to see it too! As a once-and-future chef, I'm always interested in a good recipe, especially for something with some zip!

Mudcat

Mudcat

Senior Audioholic
Go to you local grocery store and buy, beg, borrow, steal, the following:

One english cucumber (the one wrapped in saran wrap)
10-12 Habanero peppers (1 inch diameter) - get different colors if available
2 TBS of olive or peanut oil
1/2 TSP coriander
1 TBS Fresh chopped Cilantro
2 cups plain Yogurt

For less heat, but a more oriental flavor (use only peanut oil), any of the following peppers may be substituted, you want to end up with about 1/2 cup of ground peppers:
Cay Viet
Datil
Da Nang
Kung Pao
Marah
Thai Bird
Thai Dragon

Turn on oven to 325 degrees and put peppers in for about 2 hours or until dry and crisp, but not burn't.

The very dangereous part (This could actually be deadly if precautions are not met). Use a respirator and Heavy duty acid proof rubber gloves. Turn off all ventilation. Send the wife and kids to the inlaws for the weekend. When all this is complete, grind up the peppers. If you do not wear gloves, males should not go the the bathroom standing up or in any way, or reason play with themselves for a week.

When finished grinding, using an ammonia based cleaner to wipe down all surfaces.

Mix ground peppers with Oil, Coriander, and Cilantro

Split cuc in half lengthwise
remove seeds and gunk in the middle of each half and put this stuff into the Yogurt and mix well. Great for cooling the mouth and other pipes.

Pile the pepper paste onto the cuc half and enjoy.

Last edited:
Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
Awesome............ but the Indian recipe is different, it contains no oil but does have a liberal dose of yellow chilli powder, chaat masala and mint sauce and cillantro sauce.

Last edited:
Mudcat

Mudcat

Senior Audioholic
The main drag through Arlington VA is Columbia Pike. It's nickname is Cambodia Pike. Anything oriental, from real tiger balm (with the opium) to bear gall bladders can be bought there (even snake head fish). I have never seen (didn't look real hard though) chaat masala.

Snake heads scare the bejesus out of the local populace for some reason. Maybe because the can wake on land and make piranha's seem like nice little gold fish.

My recipe is more southeast asian though. Maybe because that's is were I spent a great deal of my career - about 5 years out of the 23 I've been doing marine power/propulsion plants. (Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia)

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
For chaat masala, you have to go to Indian grocery stores and not SE Asian ones. You also have to add plenty of lemon juice.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis