Peculiar New Issue ... maybe HDMI related

ahblaza

ahblaza

Audioholic Field Marshall
Thanks TLS... I'll try the cable switch first, then if I still run into issues I'll reset. Setting it up is not a big deal really... UNLESS the problem continues afterwards and every button I press causes the screen to blank out. That would be an unbelievably brutal exercise with having to name inputs and all that. I'd probably disconnect everything and throw the PIO in the pool at that point rather than have to deal with that. Also to consider, if I were to start from scratch, I'd probably do things differently. I didn't really know what I was doing when I set it up initially a several years ago. I was and still am confused by how the inputs on that thing are organized. HDMI 1-4 are actually named outputs: HDMI 1, 2... etc. However each other input like CD for instance, can use HDMI 1-4. It's just odd... never really got that, but I digress. Also, because I'd set it up different... my new Harmony remote would be worthless and need to be redone as well.

Hopefully it's just something with the thin HDMI's. Fingers are crossed, but I feel it's doubtful. I've been working 12 hour days lately along with an additional 2 hours total commute so I haven't felt much like dealing with this nonesense. Maybe this weekend if i'm not here in the office.

Hey Doc, is this procedure sgtandard for all AVRs or just Pios, Thanks
Cheers Jeff

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Hey Doc, is this procedure sgtandard for all AVRs or just Pios, Thanks
Cheers Jeff
No, that was just for his receiver. They are all different even in the same manufacturers line up. So you have to consult the manual.

fotto

fotto

Enthusiast
@TLS Guy.....
Could you please provide a link or reference to your comment about the Redmere current draw number of 75 ma?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis