Hitchslapped

Hitchslapped

Audioholic
I can get a used PC-13 Ultra for $800, supposedly in excellent condition. Is this a good deal? Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Yes!

I wouldn't buy it unless I could hear it and make sure it's operating properly tho. If it's in good shape and works like it's s'posed to 8 hundo is a pretty smoking deal for a PC3000.

*Edit: You sure it's a PC3000? I just realized I don't think they make a PC3000... they have a PB3000, PC2000 and PC4000 iirc.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
SVS doesn’t have a pc3k. I’m surprised by that.

Hitchslapped

Hitchslapped

Audioholic
Yeah my bad, it’s a PC13-Ultra. He must of mislabeled it.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Wait... you mean PB13 Ultra? Wtf? I'm gonna say if the seller can't get the name right you have no idea what it really is...

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I think the PC13 ultra is a good buy. For 800 bucks if it’s not roached will be better than a PC2K for similar money n

Hitchslapped

Hitchslapped

Audioholic
I’m running 2 shitty Bic F12’s right now. Subs are my next upgrade. Looking at the HSU’s (I’ve seen your YouTube video @Pogre), but keeping an eye on the used market. It might be difficult to find another one to match this, how bad is it having 2 different subs?

Hitchslapped

Hitchslapped

Audioholic
I just found 2 PB3000 bought in Dec for 1200$. I have to drive 2 hours, but maybe I should pull that trigger instead. Both have isolation feet as well.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I’m running 2 shitty Bic F12’s right now. Subs are my next upgrade. Looking at the HSU’s (I’ve seen your YouTube video @Pogre), but keeping an eye on the used market. It might be difficult to find another one to match this, how bad is it having 2 different subs?
As long as they have similar performance and both are ported/sealed it shouldn't be too much trouble. I haven't heard one but think the PC13 Ultra is a pretty serious sub and can hang with the VTF-3 MK5.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I just found 2 PB3000 bought in Dec for 1200$. I have to drive 2 hours, but maybe I should pull that trigger instead. Both have isolation feet as well.
Well holy crap. Where do you live?? I'M willing to drive 2 hours for a pair of PB3000s at that price.

Hitchslapped

Hitchslapped

Audioholic
I just bought 2 sets of iso feet last week to put on the Bics. I can return them, so it’s like $1100. I hope I can get them, I’ll keep you posted.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I just bought 2 sets of iso feet last week to put on the Bics. I can return them, so it’s like $1100. I hope I can get them, I’ll keep you posted.
Make sure you thoroughly inspect them. That's less than half of retail. I would not buy them if you can't demo them.

Hitchslapped

Hitchslapped

Audioholic
I’m driving to Baltimore to grab them, he has the paperwork from SVS. He wanted to meet in a Home Depot, I’ll tell him I need to hear them. What should I be concerned about?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis