M

massacre

Audioholic Intern
has any one picked up the pb3000 yet? I have a month left to upgrade my pb2000x2 thanks

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I don’t own one, I’ll start there. ;)
How big is your room? Volume wise. Are you happy with the sound of the 2000s? Or do you feel something is lacking?

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
any opinions on this new sub?
Man I didn't know earlier this year they were bringing those out so I upgraded to dual 4000's I wish I would've known cus I mightv gotten away with the 3000's. The 4000's are a huge step up as they should be for there cost.

But I believe the 3000's will be more then worth the trade up as well

The old PB12+ the line they had before they switched over to the 3000's was WAY more powerful and a better performer then the PB 2000.

The 3000's I guarantee you will not be underperforming when compared to the PB 12+ and I bet will actually give a slight better performance and output even. An example is the 4000's perform slightly better then the 13ultras they replaced not a huge boost but still it was there. I guarantee you SVS will do the same thing with the 3000's replacing the PB 12 + lineup

Even better they weigh less and take up less space.

I totally think it's worth it SVS has always been super solid with me there service and performance I've never had any complaints.

I say go for it with the trade in. Hell yeah if you liked dual PB 2000's in your space your gonna love dual PB 3000's blasting away in there!

M

massacre

Audioholic Intern
My room is 26x26 I would say I am a bass enthusiast!

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
just do it.
:)
you'll be happier. with 8' ceilings you're already over 5400'3. Square rooms are rough though... save up for a 3rd one! you'll be happier still. or take a page from danzillas playbook and sit on em! o_O:cool::p

Edit: But seriously... just from an output standpoint, you will get significant performance increase. You will feel the difference.

Last edited:
D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Yeah in a room that big I'd say going to the 3000's would be a must for me. Actually I'm in a room that size and I have the 4000's but would rather go with the 16ultras if I could do it again. That's if staying with SVS Rhythmik dual FV18's minimum would be my choice in there! Hi my name is Dan and I'm a bassaholic. This is my first meeting since my relapse last night! :p

theJman

theJman

Audioholic Chief
has any one picked up the pb3000 yet? I have a month left to upgrade my pb2000x2 thanks
with 8' ceilings you're already over 5400'3. Square rooms are rough though... save up for a 3rd one! you'll be happier still.
As Ryan pointed out, your room is pretty large. If you're a "bass enthusiast" dual PB-2000's are likely not enough in a room that size, which is probably why you are considering an upgrade. SVS sent me a PB-3000 to review, so I know exactly what it's capable of (a lot),but with that much space you might be better off with the PB/PC-4000 instead. While initially more expensive, that double jump might end up costing less in the end; you probably won't have any "what if" thoughts then. Buy once, cry once.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I figured price might be a thing... but ya... the 4000s would be the better option still. ;) @William Lemmerhirt taught me this one: Buy the single best sub for your room that you can allow yourself to afford now... then start saving for the second. ;)
The 3000 is a serious step up by all accounts, but I'm uncertain if it would qualify for the Extreme Bassaholic Rating which is for 5000'3 rooms.
That said, 2 pb3000s, with clever placement, would probably be pretty OK at getting your LP pressurized.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis