M

massacre

Enthusiast
has any one picked up the pb3000 yet? I have a month left to upgrade my pb2000x2 thanks

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic General
Ratings
I don’t own one, I’ll start there. ;)
How big is your room? Volume wise. Are you happy with the sound of the 2000s? Or do you feel something is lacking?

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic General
Ratings
758 2
any opinions on this new sub?
Man I didn't know earlier this year they were bringing those out so I upgraded to dual 4000's I wish I would've known cus I mightv gotten away with the 3000's. The 4000's are a huge step up as they should be for there cost.

But I believe the 3000's will be more then worth the trade up as well

The old PB12+ the line they had before they switched over to the 3000's was WAY more powerful and a better performer then the PB 2000.

The 3000's I guarantee you will not be underperforming when compared to the PB 12+ and I bet will actually give a slight better performance and output even. An example is the 4000's perform slightly better then the 13ultras they replaced not a huge boost but still it was there. I guarantee you SVS will do the same thing with the 3000's replacing the PB 12 + lineup

Even better they weigh less and take up less space.

I totally think it's worth it SVS has always been super solid with me there service and performance I've never had any complaints.

I say go for it with the trade in. Hell yeah if you liked dual PB 2000's in your space your gonna love dual PB 3000's blasting away in there!

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic General
Ratings
just do it.
:)
you'll be happier. with 8' ceilings you're already over 5400'3. Square rooms are rough though... save up for a 3rd one! you'll be happier still. or take a page from danzillas playbook and sit on em! o_O:cool::p

Edit: But seriously... just from an output standpoint, you will get significant performance increase. You will feel the difference.

Last edited:
D

Danzilla31

Audioholic General
Ratings
758 2
My room is 26x26 I would say I am a bass enthusiast!
Yeah in a room that big I'd say going to the 3000's would be a must for me. Actually I'm in a room that size and I have the 4000's but would rather go with the 16ultras if I could do it again. That's if staying with SVS Rhythmik dual FV18's minimum would be my choice in there! Hi my name is Dan and I'm a bassaholic. This is my first meeting since my relapse last night! :p

theJman

theJman

Audioholic Chief
Ratings
353 4 1
has any one picked up the pb3000 yet? I have a month left to upgrade my pb2000x2 thanks
My room is 26x26 I would say I am a bass enthusiast!
with 8' ceilings you're already over 5400'3. Square rooms are rough though... save up for a 3rd one! you'll be happier still.
As Ryan pointed out, your room is pretty large. If you're a "bass enthusiast" dual PB-2000's are likely not enough in a room that size, which is probably why you are considering an upgrade. SVS sent me a PB-3000 to review, so I know exactly what it's capable of (a lot),but with that much space you might be better off with the PB/PC-4000 instead. While initially more expensive, that double jump might end up costing less in the end; you probably won't have any "what if" thoughts then. Buy once, cry once.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic General
Ratings
I figured price might be a thing... but ya... the 4000s would be the better option still. ;) @William Lemmerhirt taught me this one: Buy the single best sub for your room that you can allow yourself to afford now... then start saving for the second. ;)
The 3000 is a serious step up by all accounts, but I'm uncertain if it would qualify for the Extreme Bassaholic Rating which is for 5000'3 rooms.
That said, 2 pb3000s, with clever placement, would probably be pretty OK at getting your LP pressurized.

Latest posts

newsletter
  • RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis