Pathetic Sharper Image and iPod Crap!

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
I love the distinctive cherry wood vinyl.....tasty. Yes, CRAPPER IMAGE caters to those with fat wallets and thin brains.

Like I said before, what really grabs me is their; "DESIGNED HERE" products, as if they were so cutting edge.

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
It would be worthless in a HT but could be useful in a small study or bedroom where space is limited and Hi Fidelity is not a requirement.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
MDS said:
It would be worthless in a HT but could be useful in a small study or bedroom where space is limited and Hi Fidelity is not a requirement.
It is worthless because it would look stupid in your room. It is one speaker, one speaker by itself doesn't look right. Someone walks into the room and sees the speaker, they ask where the other one is and I chipperly reply, "oh there is just one, but it is real good see"

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
One step behind you and another step in front of you, if that makes any sense.;)

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Audioholic Field Marshall
That would be an awesome product. If I listened only to pre-1960 mono recordings in a lossy format. While I do love the original Its a Wonderful World, I don't need a loudspeaker for one song.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Remember, an educated audio consumer is not their market.

Seth=L said:
I went to Duller Image today and saw what I view to be one of the most worthless pieces of crap in all existance.

Pathetic Crap!

http://www.sharperimage.com/us/en/catalog/productdetails/sku__SM252BLK
They compete with bose in the ultra-expensive, acousticaly overpriced, all sizzle, no steak gear market.

IOW, if it looks snazzy and makes any noise at all, it'll attract some flies.

Anyone care to venture a guess on what else attracts flies?

P

philh

Full Audioholic
Slap the Blows label on it and sell the room filling simulated stereo. Easily triple the price!

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
I looked at the thing closely while I was there. If you look at the front there is a aluminum good looking thing, you can easily see the not so good MDF behind it because the drivers aren't flush with the aluminum. The drivers are probably 1/4" away from the aluminum.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
That is a big cabinet for a whole lot of nothing. Um, how exactly do I get STEREO sound out of that?

Resident Loser

Resident Loser

Senior Audioholic
I dunno...

...seems to me anyone who uses an iPod as a source, really has no legitimate reason to complain...

Sharper Image is pretty much an outlet for those with too much disposable income and haven't yet discovered the wonderful world of after-market wiring...

jimHJJ[...or this (or any other) hobby for that matter...]

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
Resident Loser said:
...seems to me anyone who uses an iPod as a source, really has no legitimate reason to complain...

Sharper Image is pretty much an outlet for those with too much disposable income and haven't yet discovered the wonderful world of after-market wiring...

jimHJJ[...or this (or any other) hobby for that matter...]
So true, I worked for their competitor, Brookstone. Same deal there. Overpriced junk except for the Beds. Tempurpedic beds are awesome.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
j_garcia said:
That is a big cabinet for a whole lot of nothing. Um, how exactly do I get STEREO sound out of that?
Hence why the lameness.

It has 4 stereo speakers, a tweeter, and two subwoofers.:eek: and it can achieve 100hz, what a feat.:rolleyes:

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
That is why it is called Sharper Image, not Sharper Mind :rolleyes:

J

JKL1960

Audioholic
Who wants a speaker (!!???) to plug an iPod into that's almost four feet tall?

It costs more than a Klipsch iGroove system.

:confused:

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Resident Loser said:

And I bet they won't. It will give a nice sound I bet for those listeners of iPods, if they don't want it from a headset.:D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis