Parasound or Monolith?

M

Mark M

Junior Audioholic
Not a bad plan. These days I'd also look at the Purifi or Hypex module amps from Buckeye or others using them.
Actually I don’t care about the heat. It’s a great amp, a classic. But I’m always curious.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Actually I don’t care about the heat. It’s a great amp, a classic. But I’m always curious.
If the heat isn't an issue and its sufficient power for your use, don't know what you think you'll be gaining by shopping for a different amp....buy some more content or better speakers or room treatment or something more useful than an amp....

M

Mark M

Junior Audioholic
If the heat isn't an issue and its sufficient power for your use, don't know what you think you'll be gaining by shopping for a different amp....buy some more content or better speakers or room treatment or something more useful than an amp....
100w @8ohm
200w @4ohm
Pure class A

F

fmw

Audioholic Ninja
So it’s just all BS?
No, it is hearing bias. Modern solid state amplifiers all amplify without alering the the sound of the recording. If someone hears a difference from one to another it is due to differences in levels or hearing bias. We hear what we want to hear if we don't control bias. Sound quality matters with speakers, not with amplifiers. I agree with the poster above who recommended choosing a modern solid state amp that has the power needed for your application. In my case, the receiver is more than adequate. I have no idea what you need. I just know that sound quality isn't something to judge with amplifiers.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis