Parametric Equalizers

WmAx

WmAx

Audioholic Samurai
Buckeyefan 1 said:
I don't think so. In fact, I'm having a hard time just getting to that screen. The manual is writtin in Japenglish.
If you can not adjust the center frequencies of the filters, then this so-called(bult-in) parametric filter is not very useful. You can't even perform bass correction(s), unless of course, you happen to have only one problem frequency centered at 57Hz(the LF frequency of that filter). LOL.

How is the progress in finding a way to connect an external equalizer?

-Chris

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
WmAx said:
If you can not adjust the center frequencies of the filters, then this so-called(bult-in) parametric filter is not very useful. You can't even perform bass correction(s), unless of course, you happen to have only one problem frequency centered at 57Hz(the LF frequency of that filter). LOL.

How is the progress in finding a way to connect an external equalizer?

-Chris
LOL. 57Hz is a killer, eh?

My sister n law dropped off her three girls for the weekend. Having my two and her three makes for an enjoyable weekend. I couldn't even get near the receiver today. They have in Son of the Mask or something like that. Cute movie.

Right, a parametric eq with set frequencies isn't much help. I'm anxious to play with it after they go to bed - if they go to bed. I reset the processor late last night (and lost all the codes to all my remotes-dammit). What a mess. At least I'm starting from scratch now.

Off to take the rugrats to Cici's pizza. That should be a circus :eek: These kids range in age from 2-9. My wife and I may check ourselves in to a reputable insane asylum by Sunday evening. Put down a few cold ones for me, please :eek:

F

funk-o-meter

Audioholic Intern
After having a look at the info on your receiver I determined the following.

It looks like your "tape loop" on this tuner is called CD-R/TAPE. Its exactly the same thing and works the same way. Just with a updated name. It must have the capacity to allow all audio playing through the receiver to pass through it or you wouldn't be able to record CD's and such to the CD-R/TAPE your recording too. Make sense? Its got to take the signal from the component your recording from and send it to the CD-R/Tape your recording too and then send it back out and into the receiver so you can hear it while your recording. So, hook up your EQ as described earlier (EQ out to CD-R/Tape in and CD-R/TAPE out to EQ IN) then turn on that component and it should pass anything your currently listening to through this "loop" that you've just created. If you don't' want to try it with the EQ first because cause you feel timid about it (after all who the #$% is this guy telling you it won't blow up your receiver?) then just use a set of interconnects and connect the outs to the ins and test it that way. If you hit the CD-R/TAPE button and you can hear whatever you had been listening too then it works. I'm sure it will. I'm going to do the same thing with my 1603 when I get home. Enjoy.

I'm guessing this might not work with components that you've connected using the the discrete 5.1 inputs, but I've never tried it.

I'm also brainstorming on how I can use a digital out/in method to hook up a digital EQ and bypass 4 conversion stages. Anybody every set up a tape loop type situation using optical ins and outs?

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis