unreal.freak

unreal.freak

Senior Audioholic
I think Palin has something in her left eye ;) :D

C

cbraver

Audioholic Chief
"Let me tell you a little story.... when I was a little tike, I once walked across the street in my little town and smiled at some folks, ..."

"P.S. Katie Couric is a poopie head"

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Outside of energizing her base she did very little IMO. I believe last night was a moral victory for Palin, but Biden won that debate!! Its now up to McCain to step up and deliver because Palin herself won't delivery the White House and his indecisiveness won't change that;).

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
The way Joe Biden kept referring to himself in the third person, you'd think Joe Biden was running to be elected King of France. Joe Biden really likes his name.
Joe Biden.

Joe Biden

Joe Biden.

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
Outside of energizing her base she did very little IMO. I believe last night was a moral victory for Palin, but Biden won that debate!! Its now up to McCain to step up and deliver because Palin herself won't delivery the White House and his indecisiveness won't change that;).
This is exactly right. McCain has a lot of work cut out for him. He's lost MI and Obama now has a comfortable lead in FL and has closed the gap in states like IN, VA, NC, CO, and OH. If I were McCain, I'd be spending a lot of time in FL and OH as he can't afford to lose either.

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
The way Joe Biden kept referring to himself in the third person, you'd think Joe Biden was running to be elected King of France. Joe Biden really likes his name.
Joe Biden.

Joe Biden

Joe Biden.
He made one reference to France in regards to Bosnia and now he's the king of France:rolleyes:. I personally liked this one " John McCain is no Maverick, John McCain is no Maverick" to each his/her own I guess.;)

emorphien

emorphien

Audioholic General
That Maverick nonsense was the most ridiculous pandering to simpletons I've seen in a while. Actually, no. I'm not sure what the best example of that is, there have been so many in this election.

I didn't like Biden last night but Palin actually did poorly. Not that Biden did well, but Palin was bad. She did a lot of talking that will appeal to those that want their heart stings tugged but if they actually want to hear her at least circle around the question with her talk, they'd be disappointed. How many times did she actually say she wanted to change the topic and then would go off on something else? She certainly seemed to like to talk about her energy policy experience rather than vaguely not answer the questions she was asked like most candidates do.

itschris

itschris

I didn't like Biden last night but Palin actually did poorly. Not that Biden did well, but Palin was bad. .
I think a lot of that depends on what the goals were. Except for networkds like CBS and NBC, a lot of the polls I've seen so far suggested she "won" if there's really even such a measurable thing.

I like Biden. I disagree with most of his politics, but I like him a lot. I don't have problem with liberals. I don't think they're stupid, or that they don't get or any of the kind of stuff, but I just find that most I've encountered don't seem to really know why they are except for the fact that their favorite actress or talk show host is or they're single issue minded.

Biden is a liberal, but he knows why and he has a strong moral charactor that gives him credibility and my respect. I think it's unfortunate that sometimes his mouth opens prior to sending the signal, but he's a good man and a patriiot and I have a lot of respect for him and have always thought well of him.

Palin did okay last night. I thought the one thing she needed to do was not have the deer in the headlights look and to not try to be someone that she's not. With Bush's rating around the mid 20's and Congress at about 16%, clearly, people are looking for a different kind of person and perhaps she struck a cord with a lot of people who are actually looking for change... not the "change" that Obama always talks about, but a fundamental change in the type of person who's in charge.

I doubt she won over anyone who already thinks she's stupid - like most democrats do, but I think she may have put at ease some of the questions and concerns that people on the fence were uneasy about. I thought there were some good moements for her.

I thought Biden did just fine as well. He has a clear command of the facts, though he distorts them for political reasons like everyone needs to. I think he's in a tough spot playing 2nd fiddle to Obama, but I thought he did well.

emorphien

emorphien

Audioholic General
I think a lot of that depends on what the goals were. Except for networkds like CBS and NBC, a lot of the polls I've seen so far suggested she "won" if there's really even such a measurable thing.
I think Palin may have won back some confidence she lost due to the many interviews with her the past week that reflected poorly on her. If someone went in expecting very little as a result, she at least sounded more polished and confident at the debate even if the actual content of her responses was very weak.

Some people seem to declare her a winner based on that alone, however I don't think "exceeding very low expectations" is how I determine a winner.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Being a registered Democrat, I am obviously biased, but I think that Biden clearly won that debate.

To her credit, Palin didn't crash and burn, as I had expected. But you could tell she was obviously nervous. You could hear her voice shaking. Biden looked cool and relaxed the whole time. Palin constantly dodged questions by saying, "I'd like to go back to.........." whatever topic they were previously discussing.

She was really bugging me with all of her, "I'm just a soccer mom with a big heart and big dreams", crap. It's the same thing that I hate about George Bush. I guess they're trying to appeal to middle America by saying, "Hey look, I'm just like you." Well, I'm sorry, but I want my elected officials to be better than me. I want my President to be smarter and better informed than I am.

But last night's debate didn't really mean anything. I don't think there has ever been an election that was swayed by a VP debate. I thought Palin was an idiot before the debate and I still think she's an idiot. I mean, look at Dan Quayle. I don't remember him having the reputation for being stupid before he got elected.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
...I don't think "exceeding very low expectations" is how I determine a winner.
It is my approach to getting a promotion, though. :) Set one year aside to take it on the chin and set the bar really low, and then when you do an average job the next year, you appear to hurdle way over the bar and seem to outperform others who did the same quality of work.

I'll say that I'm joking to cover my rear...

sgtpepper9

sgtpepper9

Audioholic
Palin is the lamest excuse for a vice-president wanna-be. It seems as if she thinks this whole thing is a game to her. I could not believe how unprofessional she sounded, and I can't imagine people respecting her with the way she talked. I certainly don't want my vice-president going around saying "heck" all the time. I'm from the south and I say stuff like "yall" and "heck" all the time but that doesn't mean its proper and professional. I prefer to have the leaders of my country acting and sounding professional. Palin doesn't sound like she is taking this very seriously.

itschris

itschris

Being a registered Democrat, I thought Palin was an idiot before the debate and I still think she's an idiot.
These conversations would be a lot more palateable if they weren't so predictable. You don't have to let anyone know you're a Democrat... you're tone and the words you choose are pretty indicative of most liberals today. I know you're an intelligent and passionate guy but when you just offer up that stuff.. it just hurts your credibility in my eyes and makes not want to even bother listening to what you have to say. It just makes me tune out. Not that you need to impress me or anything, but I get the feeling you could add some valuable insight. It just all gets lost with that typical kind of commentary.

Do you really think someone who's a governor of our largest oil producing state which has reaped significant benefits since her tenure could really be an idiot? You really think that?

C

cbraver

Audioholic Chief
I wish I was a Democrat or Republican... I feel so alone. :( HOOLLLDDDD MEE!@#$!@!@#$!$%^@!#$%!@$%!@#$^!@#$

These conversations would be a lot more palateable if they weren't so predictable. You don't have to let anyone know you're a Democrat... you're tone and the words you choose are pretty indicative of most liberals today. I know you're an intelligent and passionate guy but when you just offer up that stuff.. it just hurts your credibility in my eyes and makes not want to even bother listening to what you have to say. It just makes me tune out. Not that you need to impress me or anything, but I get the feeling you could add some valuable insight. It just all gets lost with that typical kind of commentary.

Do you really think someone who's a governor of our largest oil producing state which has reaped significant benefits since her tenure could really be an idiot? You really think that?
Most people don't even give a **** who their governor is. I bet most Americans couldn't even tell you theirs. In Alaska they are probably like "oh, she seems nice and she is simple just like me!!!!!@#!@#$!@ I'll vote for her!" ... or they didn't vote at all. I'm not saying Joe Biden is anything special, he actually struck me as a complete d-bag last night with his fake smile and teeth that have had a little too much Crest WhiteStrip. I bet Sarah Palin is nice, I actually buy it off her, I think she just got thrown into deep water. I mean, most people would say yes to being vice president, I don't blame her. But, no way I'm voting for her. She will do a great job in Alaska with a high powered rifle and some polar bears.

D

Davidt1

Full Audioholic

I have to butt in and answer your question. Yes, an elected official can be a total idiot. They don't have to pass any skill test to get the job. They just have to be elected.

itschris

itschris

I have to butt in and answer your question. Yes, an elected official can be a total idiot. They don't have to pass any skill test to get the job. They just have to be elected.
hmmmm... well alrighty then.... I think it's time I make my way back to the HT stuff .

jinjuku

jinjuku

I think Palin may have won back some confidence she lost due to the many interviews with her the past week that reflected poorly on her. If someone went in expecting very little as a result, she at least sounded more polished and confident at the debate even if the actual content of her responses was very weak.

Some people seem to declare her a winner based on that alone, however I don't think "exceeding very low expectations" is how I determine a winner.

I flipped out on my mom because she promised my nephew a trip to Disney World if he pulled all c's on his last report card...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis