overclocking, driver and sata questions

C

craig7

Senior Audioholic
I'm having a problem again.

I just did a massive hard drive cleanup. I'm talking atleast 1/2 (60gb) of my files were cleared. One 40gb drive and a 25gb partition were completely cleared. However I cleared only a few files from my C: drive. But I then went to resize some partitions and format one that wouldn't format because it was apparently being used. So I did that and the program said I would have to reboot for it to do that. It rebooted and the program started and it began resizing my C: drive partition to make it bigger. It finished just fine and restarted my computer. When my computer restarted everything seemed to be going well, windows loading screen showed up, then my monitor switched itself off, it sometimes does that for a few secs during startup, but after a minuter it didn't turn back on. So I turned off the computer, turned it back on and it said it didn't start properly. it tried to fix it but couldn't.

To sum it up:
Computer gets to windows loading screen
Monitor turns itself off (either because it has no signal or it can't use the signal)
Nothing happens, hard drive light stays lit

I'm guessing something either went wrong in the partition changes or I deleted something I shouldn't have.
Any ideas on how to fix it? I will try my normal "crash repair routine" in the morning but I dint think it will fix it

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis