Outlaw model 200 mono block??

Andon

Andon

Audioholic
I will keep playing with those speakers, and will buy the mono blocks, if nothing else that way I will take the burden from the reseiver driving the rear surround.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I have them at 60 or 80 hz I dont relay remember, is it possible to be my settings?
if you have it set at 60 hz, then you're missing all of the information between 60 and 180 hz. Is there a reason you're not using the bass section of those Towers?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I will keep playing with those speakers, and will buy the mono blocks, if nothing else that way I will take the burden from the reseiver driving the rear surround.
I think you're completely wasting your money until you get your crossover situation figured out.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
I have them at 60 or 80 hz I dont relay remember, is it possible to be my settings?
What I'm saying is it reaches about to 180hz, so unless you crossover at 200hz, you have a difficult load. That's the reason for robustness. It's a very difficult speaker, sounds good but very poor in design as it dips below 3 ohms and has a sharp phase angle thru the powerband.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
if you have it set at 60 hz, then you're missing all of the information between 60 and 180 hz. Is there a reason you're not using the bass section of those Towers?
That's the missing sound...

It's best to run this full range.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
That's the missing sound...

It's best to run this full range.
Yup. It sounds like something's missing because something IS missing. A whole chunk of bass isn't playing through the speakers or the sub. I was thinking a crossover of 200 hz as well, but I question if even that will be very accurate without knowing the crossover slope?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
What subs do you have now? Assume you mean the Outlaw 2200 monoblock?

Andon

Andon

Audioholic
What subs do you have now? Assume you mean the Outlaw 2200 monoblock?
Subs are two polk psw505 and the mono blocks are outlaw 200, the predecessor of 2200. Same specs only 2200 have balanced input and 200 dont.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Subs are two polk psw505 and the mono blocks are outlaw 200, the predecessor of 2200. Same specs only 2200 have balanced input and 200 dont.
Didn't know the 2200 had a predecessor, thanks. Balanced isn't needed most of the time anyways. Those subs could definitely be improved upon....

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Yup. It sounds like something's missing because something IS missing. A whole chunk of bass isn't playing through the speakers or the sub. I was thinking a crossover of 200 hz as well, but I question if even that will be very accurate without knowing the crossover slope?
Close to 2 octaves are surely affected. I really like they way those sounded, but the design is tuff.

Andon

Andon

Audioholic
What I will do is set them to large at the receiver and let the speaker's cross overs to do their job.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
What I will do is set them to large at the receiver and let the speaker's cross overs to do their job.
Which ever sends both. Lfe to the sub and speakers. Double bass ect. Not just large . Lfe + main example.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Didn't know the 2200 had a predecessor, thanks. Balanced isn't needed most of the time anyways. Those subs could definitely be improved upon....
He also has a huge gap between his sub's low pass of 60hz and speakers' midrange, which cut off at 180 hz.

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Do you mean you'll engage the bass sections of the towers or just change the setting to small? If you change the setting you'll need to also change the crossover setting to about 200 hz so your subs will play what your speakers aren't.

That said, take your amp money and buy a good subwoofer (or 2). I will say with absolute confidence that you'll hear a huge improvement with better subwoofage, hands down. Way, way, WAY more than any improvement you could expect with the monoblocks.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I dont even use the subs in this speakers! I only use the top portion, mids and high.
Are you really saying that you have disconnected the woofer?
Be specific on what you mean here!
It is very unusual for someone to do something like this with their speakers!
Or are you talking about where you set the AVR to cross to the subs?
Again, tell us exactly what you mean!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Are you really saying that you have disconnected the woofer?
Be specific on what you mean here!
It is very unusual for someone to do something like this with their speakers!
Or are you talking about where you set the AVR to cross to the subs?
Again, tell us exactly what you mean!
I'm pretty sure after a little back and forth that yes, he's disconnected the bass sections for whatever reason (faulty amp(s)?). That hasn't been completely clarified tho so yes, good question.

Andon

Andon

Audioholic
The speakers have a internal amp for the sub. 4 post's on rear, the two on top for mids and high and two on botom. I am using only the two on top.

Attachments

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
The speakers have a internal amp for the sub. 4 post's on rear, the two on top for mids and high and two on botom. I am using only the two on top.
Did your speakers come with jumpers or straps to connect the 2 sets of binding posts and are they connected? They're usually gold or silver and are sort of "L" shaped or like a lightning bolt from the side. A bent (sometimes straight) piece of copper that should clip onto both sets of binding posts.

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
He also has a huge gap between his sub's low pass of 60hz and speakers' midrange, which cut off at 180 hz.
Hmmm don't see that part. He said he's not using the "sub". Where do you see the midrange cuts off at 180?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Hmmm don't see that part. He said he's not using the "sub". Where do you see the midrange cuts off at 180?
Everett looked up the specs and the mids are crossed over with the bass drivers at 180 hz. If he doesn't have the bass drivers connected and the sub filter set at 60 hz wouldn't he be missing a lot of bass information?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis