Outlaw audio sale till the 9th

Gryph

Gryph

Audioholic
I paid $269 for my monoblocks...and I've given thought to buying two more. I guess they've gone up a good bit if $319 is a sale price now.
The 2200 monoblocks were what I was looking at actually.
Regular price is $399 so $319 shipped seems decent.
They would be a killer deal at the $269 you paid but seems everything in life gets more expensive as time marches on.
How long ago did you purchase the monoblocks?

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
The 2200 monoblocks were what I was looking at actually.
Regular price is $399 so $319 shipped seems decent.
They would be a killer deal at the $269 you paid but seems everything in life gets more expensive as time marches on.
How long ago did you purchase the monoblocks?
They were $369 reg, with $100 off during Dec '16 holiday promo.

I remember this because I bought 2 initially and called back to order a 3rd like a day later.

$319 + free shipping is still a good deal, just makes me wish I had went ahead and bought 5 when I had the chance...now it's a pure luxury, maybe I'll do it, maybe not.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I just double checked, I paid 299 ea during the Christmas '18 sale. Buying 5 at once today should come out to 315.80 ea and free shipping. 4 at 339.75 ea...
So there's the sweet spot.

I wonder if the sale price is reflective of rising shipping costs, trade with China, or that this is just a "light" sale to get us through til Black Friday and Christmas 2019. Of note, the X-13s aren't on sale.

KirkJBL590

KirkJBL590

Junior Audioholic
I had the 975 and recently upgraded to the 976. Sounds much better and the GUI is much faster. Love Outlaw...

KirkJBL590

KirkJBL590

Junior Audioholic
The only detail about the amp im hesitant about is there are no gain or volume adjustment. So you are dependent on the level control in a preamp processor. Other than that, i love the amp. Thinking about buying for a vintage Cerwin Vega sub that i turned into a passive. Transformer went out on the old plate amp.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

The only detail about the amp im hesitant about is there are no gain or volume adjustment. So you are dependent on the level control in a preamp processor. Other than that, i love the amp. Thinking about buying for a vintage Cerwin Vega sub that i turned into a passive. Transformer went out on the old plate amp.
I would suggest you get a Crown XLS amp for sub duty. You get a gain control, a settable crossover, and much better power efficiency.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

I paid $269 for my monoblocks...and I've given thought to buying two more. I guess they've gone up a good bit if $319 is a sale price now.
That was a great deal! I got mine used and barely paid less than that. They sure hold their value.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I would suggest you get a Crown XLS amp for sub duty. You get a gain control, a settable crossover, and much better power efficiency.
I agree. A Class D pro audio amplifier is always a good consideration, but for a subwoofer amp it is a no brainer!

KirkJBL590

KirkJBL590

Junior Audioholic
Yes, I've read where class D is perfect for subs. Good point...

Gryph

Gryph

Audioholic
Could also check out “Parts Express” for a replacement subwoofer plate amplifier.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Gain knobs are a luxury, you only really need them if you need to dial down the gain structure due to noise or hiss.

2channel lover

That was a great deal! I got mine used and barely paid less than that. They sure hold their value.
I paid shipping on my purchase I'm pretty sure, but even with that, in hindsight it really was a great deal, I should've bought 5 back then.

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
I paid shipping on my purchase I'm pretty sure, but even with that, in hindsight it really was a great deal, I should've bought 5 back then.
Hello,

How do you like your Model 2200 mono amps. The sale looks tempting.

2channel lover

Hello,

How do you like your Model 2200 mono amps. The sale looks tempting.
Like them a lot.

The system sounds incredible, but more importantly I like having a separate power supply for each of the main channels, the system runs cool even after playing fairly loud (70-80 dB) for long periods of time and the quiet passages in the music is dead silent, no hum, no buzz...dead silent.

One day I'll get the remaining 2 and clean up the way the atmos speakers are powered.

2channel lover

To power a sub, I would probably go with one of the Crown amps.

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
Like them a lot.

The system sounds incredible, but more importantly I like having a separate power supply for each of the main channels, the system runs cool even after playing fairly loud (70-80 dB) for long periods of time and the quiet passages in the music is dead silent, no hum, no buzz...dead silent.

One day I'll get the remaining 2 and clean up the way the atmos speakers are powered.
Awesome. Thank you.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis