Outlaw Audio 976 Processor looks to be no longer available: damn shame!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Did you find any audible difference in terms of audio between the tracks of the non 4K and 4K discs, I mean those that came with both discs when the same formats (either both Atmos or both DTS:X) are used?
Yeah, I think both 2K and 4K versions kind of suck in terms of sound quality and video quality. :D

It's a shame since The Bourne franchise is among my favorites. I've seen every Bourne movie at least 2 or 3 times. :D

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Stop it, Mike. It was a Fully Balanced FULL 8 years worth! :p:p:p

But the REAL question is, even though the AVP-A1HDCI was FULLY BALANCED form INPUT to OUTPUT and probably has pretty awesome THD+N and SINAD, did it sound ANY better than the AVRs?

The answer is absolutely no, it didn't sound any better. ATMOS rules!!!!!!! :D
So @AcuDefTechGuy, umm lets see umm $7500 Divided by eight years comes to umm comes to $937 bucks. Divided by 52 weeks equals umm $18 bucks a week. Divide that by seven days in a week comes to umm $2.57 a day. Plus You sold off? or was it your Denon AVR? $900 street price, can't really remember You do have Thousands of post on AH, You came out good on that Denon AVP!! Now if you have gotta a Krell, or something with a 20 year warranty, "For a Few Dollar More." Denon would have had to send you a New Car! :p umm my bad a New AVP on their dime!!:p Next Time, just buy Yamaha!!;)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
So @AcuDefTechGuy, umm lets see umm $7500 Divided by eight years comes to umm comes to $937 bucks. Divided by 52 weeks equals umm $18 bucks a week. Divide that by seven days in a week comes to umm $2.57 a day. Plus You sold off? or was it your Denon AVR? $900 street price, can't really remember You do have Thousands of post on AH, You came out good on that Denon AVP!! Now if you have gotta a Krell, or something with a 20 year warranty, "For a Few Dollar More." Denon would have had to send you a New Car! :p umm my bad a New AVP on their dime!!:p Next Time, just buy Yamaha!!;)
Unfortunately the AVP-A1HDCI died. So no, I did not sell the AVP-A1HDCI - it's still sitting in my living room as a decor. :D I sold the AVR-5308CI for about $900-$1000.

Krell has a 3 YR warranty. I think most companies offer 1-3 years warranty.

Some offer 5YR.

ATI offers 7YR warranty.

Bryston offers 20YR on their analog amps and preamps, but not on their digital components, which I think get 3YR.

Yeah, when we were younger, we would spend a lot more on these components. But these, days, we tend to keep the budget way down. Is it because we have less money? Maybe not. Maybe we just got wiser. :D

Last edited:
G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Unfortunately the AVP-A1HDCI died. So no, I did not sell the AVP-A1HDCI - it's still sitting in my living room as a decor. :D I sold the AVR-5308CI for about $900-$1000.

Krell has a 3 YR warranty. I think most companies offer 1-3 years warranty.

Some offer 5YR.

ATI offers 7YR warranty.

Bryston offers 20YR on their analog amps and preamps, but not on their digital components, which I think get 3YR.

Yeah, when we were younger, we would spend a lot more on these components. But these, days, we tend to keep the budget way down. Is it because we have less money? Maybe not. Maybe we just got wiser. :D
Well said, One can grow or one can stay in that pit of never ending Quicksand of bad audio from Snaaaakess! Have good weekend!!

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
Old thread here. Last week, I picked up a 976 with a 7000x receiver I bought. It was a nice throw in frankly. I have a 975 that got for really cheap that I use to power the outdoor system I have which is 6 channels plus a sub channel. Sounds really good out there but a receiver probably would too.

I only have a bedroom setup that isn't an ATMOS setup. Use a Denon 4200x in there right now with an outlaw amp for front 3.

I am going to have to try out the 976 in there and see what it sounds like! Shady, what did I just buy?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Old thread here. Last week, I picked up a 976 with a 7000x receiver I bought. It was a nice throw in frankly. I have a 975 that got for really cheap that I use to power the outdoor system I have which is 6 channels plus a sub channel. Sounds really good out there but a receiver probably would too.

I only have a bedroom setup that isn't an ATMOS setup. Use a Denon 4200x in there right now with an outlaw amp for front 3.

I am going to have to try out the 976 in there and see what it sounds like! Shady, what did I just buy?
You mean 7000X amp? Never saw a receiver from them aside from the 2150/2160.....

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis