OSD Nero XA5180/A5500

Have you heard of OSD OR OSD Black? How's the quality? Is customer service adequate?

• Yes, its NOT good.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Benni777

Benni777

Audioholic
Good morning folks,

For the past few years I've been in the market for a refresh of my living room equipment. I am trying to stay within a lower budget so its been looking like Emotiva/Outlaw/Monolith in the amp zone. However, in my search for amplifiers, speakers and processors, I've stumbled across OSD and OSD Black products. They seem to carry a ton of products but I've not seen much in the review section for these. I would like to know if Gene and or the Audioholics gang will be reviewing them? Two amps specifically would be the OSD Nero XA5180 and/or OSD Black A5500 (oddly enough there are two websites with the same model number in the link if you look at the links below. But they are different. I think the XA5180 has been refreshed by the A5500 but no solid proof of that.). Anywho, Price is on point at $649.99 for the XA5180 and for the most part SEEMS to compare to the Outlaw Audio 5000x. One point that I will note is OSD only has a 2 year warranty which is a bit concerning but otherwise seem legit.

Thoughts, concerns, opinions?

https://www.osdaudio.com/a5500.html
https://www.osdblack.com/a5500.html

https://www.amazon.com/Channel-Theater-Balance-OSD-Audio/dp/B074415515/ref=sr_1_9?crid=2IJILUA4ZFRIZ&dchild=1&keywords=osd+black+amplifier&qid=1609934317&sprefix=osd+black+,aps,186&sr=8-9

S

spokora

Audiophyte
I jumped on it a few weeks back for around $500 shipped. Loving it. Offloading from X3600H to drive 6 ohm L/C/R/surrounds. Big difference when listening to movie tracks at around -15db. Can't speak to customer service, but it was shipped quick and packaged well. Built like a tank. Consensus is that it's identical to Outlaw 5000x.

Benni777

Benni777

Audioholic
I jumped on it a few weeks back for around $500 shipped. Loving it. Offloading from X3600H to drive 6 ohm L/C/R/surrounds. Big difference when listening to movie tracks at around -15db. Can't speak to customer service, but it was shipped quick and packaged well. Built like a tank. Consensus is that it's identical to Outlaw 5000x.
Awesome, glad to get some feed back finally. Did you order direct or through Amazon? Would like to hear your 3-6 month review. Have you used Emotiva or Outlaw or Monolith as a comparison?

S

spokora

Audiophyte
Ordered from OSD's website. Have used Emotiva before but not w these speakers. Will post back if something good/bad happens. I have it set to auto-on when signal is sent, has worked perfectly. Only issue was a ground loop problem w the receiver, but it is a common thing. Connected the receiver radio ground to a chassis screw on the amp, fixed it. Wish amp had a ground screw, but thats my only nit so far.

Benni777

Benni777

Audioholic
Ordered from OSD's website. Have used Emotiva before but not w these speakers. Will post back if something good/bad happens. I have it set to auto-on when signal is sent, has worked perfectly. Only issue was a ground loop problem w the receiver, but it is a common thing. Connected the receiver radio ground to a chassis screw on the amp, fixed it. Wish amp had a ground screw, but thats my only nit so far.
'Awesome thanks for the feed back. I am considering buying from them.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Never heard of them at all, particularly not speakers as they're supposedly optimal at designing or something :) Keep us posted.

A

abohorquezro

Audiophyte
Hi i want to buy the osd nero xa3200. What do you think after a year with your tank? Good quality? Thanks

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Hi i want to buy the osd nero xa3200. What do you think after a year with your tank? Good quality? Thanks
Expect the same quality you'd get from Emotiva, as I believe they are from the same OEM.

I've used some of their speaker zone selectors in the past and they are still operational, 13 years. Just confirm service after the warranty and if the product gets discontinued if you're concerned, as that is the issue with these types of products

A

abohorquezro

Audiophyte
Expect the same quality you'd get from Emotiva, as I believe they are from the same OEM.

I've used some of their speaker zone selectors in the past and they are still operational, 13 years. Just confirm service after the warranty and if the product gets discontinued if you're concerned, as that is the issue with these types of products
thanks i already bought my xa3200.

D

Desmond4

Audiophyte
I've had my OSD NERO 5180 for nearly 2 years and my only problem has been 1 of my channel indicator lights went out after the first 2 months and I contacted OSD and they asked did I need a Shipping label to return it and get it fixed, The indicator lights wasn't a big deal to me so they said if I have any issues to contact them, As for the Amplifier it does everything I need it to with power. Customer Service have been great

P

paulgyro

Junior Audioholic
I've had my OSD NERO 5180 for nearly 2 years and my only problem has been 1 of my channel indicator lights went out after the first 2 months and I contacted OSD and they asked did I need a Shipping label to return it and get it fixed, The indicator lights wasn't a big deal to me so they said if I have any issues to contact them, As for the Amplifier it does everything I need it to with power. Customer Service have been great
Awesome, thanks for the update. I continue to think about getting this amp to simply my amp setup

Paul

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis