OSD Nero XA5180/A5500

Have you heard of OSD OR OSD Black? How's the quality? Is customer service adequate?

• Yes, its NOT good.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Benni777

Benni777

Audioholic Intern
Good morning folks,

For the past few years I've been in the market for a refresh of my living room equipment. I am trying to stay within a lower budget so its been looking like Emotiva/Outlaw/Monolith in the amp zone. However, in my search for amplifiers, speakers and processors, I've stumbled across OSD and OSD Black products. They seem to carry a ton of products but I've not seen much in the review section for these. I would like to know if Gene and or the Audioholics gang will be reviewing them? Two amps specifically would be the OSD Nero XA5180 and/or OSD Black A5500 (oddly enough there are two websites with the same model number in the link if you look at the links below. But they are different. I think the XA5180 has been refreshed by the A5500 but no solid proof of that.). Anywho, Price is on point at $649.99 for the XA5180 and for the most part SEEMS to compare to the Outlaw Audio 5000x. One point that I will note is OSD only has a 2 year warranty which is a bit concerning but otherwise seem legit.

Thoughts, concerns, opinions?

https://www.osdaudio.com/a5500.html
https://www.osdblack.com/a5500.html

https://www.amazon.com/Channel-Theater-Balance-OSD-Audio/dp/B074415515/ref=sr_1_9?crid=2IJILUA4ZFRIZ&dchild=1&keywords=osd+black+amplifier&qid=1609934317&sprefix=osd+black+,aps,186&sr=8-9

S

spokora

Audiophyte
I jumped on it a few weeks back for around $500 shipped. Loving it. Offloading from X3600H to drive 6 ohm L/C/R/surrounds. Big difference when listening to movie tracks at around -15db. Can't speak to customer service, but it was shipped quick and packaged well. Built like a tank. Consensus is that it's identical to Outlaw 5000x.

Benni777

Benni777

Audioholic Intern
I jumped on it a few weeks back for around $500 shipped. Loving it. Offloading from X3600H to drive 6 ohm L/C/R/surrounds. Big difference when listening to movie tracks at around -15db. Can't speak to customer service, but it was shipped quick and packaged well. Built like a tank. Consensus is that it's identical to Outlaw 5000x.
Awesome, glad to get some feed back finally. Did you order direct or through Amazon? Would like to hear your 3-6 month review. Have you used Emotiva or Outlaw or Monolith as a comparison?

S

spokora

Audiophyte
Ordered from OSD's website. Have used Emotiva before but not w these speakers. Will post back if something good/bad happens. I have it set to auto-on when signal is sent, has worked perfectly. Only issue was a ground loop problem w the receiver, but it is a common thing. Connected the receiver radio ground to a chassis screw on the amp, fixed it. Wish amp had a ground screw, but thats my only nit so far.

Benni777

Benni777

Audioholic Intern
Ordered from OSD's website. Have used Emotiva before but not w these speakers. Will post back if something good/bad happens. I have it set to auto-on when signal is sent, has worked perfectly. Only issue was a ground loop problem w the receiver, but it is a common thing. Connected the receiver radio ground to a chassis screw on the amp, fixed it. Wish amp had a ground screw, but thats my only nit so far.
'Awesome thanks for the feed back. I am considering buying from them.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Never heard of them at all, particularly not speakers as they're supposedly optimal at designing or something :) Keep us posted.

Latest posts

newsletter
  • RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis