OSD amps in protect mode

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
hello all, thank you for taking the time out to read this. I have 4 brand new osd xmp 500's two are completely hooked up to an Atlas Ied zones 1 and 2. At start-up they go into protect mode immediately, I unboxed a third unit and plugged in the power source only with no other wires attached and it goes into protect mode as well. I haven't opened the fourth box yet... Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
What speakers are you using? If they don't have a setting for 70V or 100V on the rear, you need to read the manual or talk to whoever sold these to you- these are commercial amplifiers what are called "constant voltage audio systems', meaning that the speakers need a transformer to reduce the voltage. 70/100V systems use a higher voltage to prevent voltage drop over long speaker cable distances.

If you have no speaker wires connected and these amplifiers go into protection mode, they have problems- what line voltage was selected?

W

Wetlands

Audiophyte
I talked to Crutchfield and they agreed that I had 4 pieces of junk and they only stocked them because they were having supply chain issues and claimed it was all they had in stock at the time that had enough power for my system, they understood how upset I was and agreed that its not right that there are literally no reviews and no you tube videos on this stuff and that I spent quite a bit on this system to be given junk. They only offer a 60 day return policy Im about 90 days into this and they are returning all the amps and giving me more name brand equipment. Thank you to them for making the situation right, I've dealt with companies that wouldn't ever do that. It is still a bit annoying though. You were all correct to say send it back, thanks for your help this is a great forum.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I talked to Crutchfield and they agreed that I had 4 pieces of junk and they only stocked them because they were having supply chain issues and claimed it was all they had in stock at the time that had enough power for my system, they understood how upset I was and agreed that its not right that there are literally no reviews and no you tube videos on this stuff and that I spent quite a bit on this system to be given junk. They only offer a 60 day return policy Im about 90 days into this and they are returning all the amps and giving me more name brand equipment. Thank you to them for making the situation right, I've dealt with companies that wouldn't ever do that. It is still a bit annoying though. You were all correct to say send it back, thanks for your help this is a great forum.
Thanks for that update. I suspect they have had the lot thrown back at them. I guess the owners of that OSD outfit, are due to have their collars felt. Hopefully, anyone considering purchase of their products, if they do a "Google" search this thread will show up. I have just tested it. If you "Google" OSD amp protect mode, this thread is first up at the top of the list. I would bet their catalog is 63 pages of solid junk, to be avoided.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Sounds still more like remotely they can't do much (never thought much of crutchfield myself). However, hopefully they will make it up to you. You still need to, before coming here, propose particular setups for best advice....afterwards or in the middle just makes it more confusing and often less effective.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis