Ordered a memory foam mattress on Amazon. We shall see

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
I didn't flip mine that often, but yes, it is a good idea with any mattress. Not necessarily weekly, but more often than not.
This is an advantage of pure latex. No flipping or rotation necessary, which is good because the king version weighs over 200lbs. After over three years there are no indentations at all.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
This is an advantage of pure latex. No flipping or rotation necessary, which is good because the king version weighs over 200lbs. After over three years there are no indentations at all.
The foam one I bought had two dips where each of us slept after about a year, even flipping it every month or so. Part of the reason for that I think though is because it used two separate layers of foam and they stick together and bunch up. So when you create your little "cocoon", it stuck that way until I released one from the other, but eventually those troughs were just there all the time. Removing one layer seemed to stop this from happening too.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
We bought out Tempurpedic around 6 years ago and it would be tough to tell it from a new one. No depressions or malformations of any kind. I think we may have rotated it once. We have what I think is more on the basic side but paid over $2000. I have really liked it and it has helped some of my lower back issues.

We just bought a non branded memory foam matress for our kid but it is still in the package as I have not finished the remodel of her room yet. I will be interested to see how much difference there is between the two.

As for Chu Gai's comment, I believe it a position specific issue.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Rick, is this recommended by by Nova, or something you do because you feel it's necessary?
It's something I'm doing on my own.
My rational is to help distribute the wear, before any indentations appear.
It's easy to just spin it 90 degrees once a week while making the bed..... before I vacuum, do the laundry and dishes. :D

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
It's easy to just spin it 90 degrees once a week while making the bed..... before I vacuum, do the laundry and dishes. :D
Marie has you trained well.:D

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
I've had my Sleep Innovations 10" Full from Amazon for nearly 2.5 years now and it has held up perfectly well. There are no low spots or sags at all and it feels just as comfortable as the day I got it. I love my memory foam mattress. Mine is quite firm, which I like, and that has the added benefit of making sex not so problematic. ;)

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
Rick I think you mean 180 degree spin as the 90 degree would have your bed looking like an early version of the Wright Brothers, Sorry just couldnt help myself. I remember some one saying it was best to spin the pillow tops 360 degrees and all I could do was laugh out loud, I mean why bother.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Rick I think you mean 180 degree spin as the 90 degree would have your bed looking like an early version of the Wright Brothers, Sorry just couldnt help myself. I remember some one saying it was best to spin the pillow tops 360 degrees and all I could do was laugh out loud, I mean why bother.
90 or 91 degrees, whatever it takes.:D
We have a king, so it's almost a square, 76X80. So the 90 rotation works well enough to extend the life of the bed.
Only 2" hangs over each side and that's only half the time when rotated that way.
The 2" overhang isn't noticeable with the blankets on.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
That had me scratching my head as well. Then, I looked up the king-size mattress dimensions* and figured that he must be doing as he describes.

*I wasn't sure, because we have a queen-size.......SHUT UP!:D

90 or 91 degrees, whatever it takes.:D
We have a king, so it's almost a square, 76X80. So the 90 rotation works well enough to extend the life of the bed.
Only 2" hangs over each side and that's only half the time when rotated that way.
The 2" overhang isn't noticeable with the blankets on.
I thought about making a snarky comment, like "90 degrees! Wow, you must have pretty good balance to be able to sleep on the edge like that.":p

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
I thought about making a snarky comment, like "90 degrees! Wow, you must have pretty good balance to be able to sleep on the edge like that.":p
Ever since Rick invited Doug into his home he has been sleeping on the "EDGE" :eek:

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
Bought my foam mattress for $299 at IKEA 3 years and still going strong. Not all IKEA stuff is junk as some of it is made in Europe.

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
Just used prime to order a memory foam mattress with really good reviews.

Went to a few local stores where the sales people are all preconditioning you for what you will feel when you lay down. How about I lay down on the mattresses from $5999 to $1999 and when I get up I'll tell you how and what I felt. Honestly all of them did fine and the degree of separation didn't track with price.

So $429 for a mattress from Amazon with a something like a 45 day standard return policy (Amazon has a large item return department for items like this).

It will be interesting to compare this to a $2700 Tempur-pedic.
So after sleeping on this foam mattress for some time now please give us your honest thoughts on the comfort level, I noticed the price drop since your first post and albeit not too much I decided to buy this as well to give it a try and if nothing else we would put it in our spare bedroom.
My first impression after setting up was and still is , this thing is firm , maybe too firm. I have used it for about a week and I am not sure if it is for me or not. My wife weighs in at a whopping 106 lbs. so she does not even make a contour in the mattress at all, it's like she is lying on foam underlayment on the hardwood floor, I am not sure if I will move it to the spare bedroom as it may be too firm for even the occasional guest. I will give it a few more days but not thinking it will last too much longer here.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
So after sleeping on this foam mattress for some time now please give us your honest thoughts on the comfort level, I noticed the price drop since your first post and albeit not too much I decided to buy this as well to give it a try and if nothing else we would put it in our spare bedroom.
My first impression after setting up was and still is , this thing is firm , maybe too firm. I have used it for about a week and I am not sure if it is for me or not. My wife weighs in at a whopping 106 lbs. so she does not even make a contour in the mattress at all, it's like she is lying on foam underlayment on the hardwood floor, I am not sure if I will move it to the spare bedroom as it may be too firm for even the occasional guest. I will give it a few more days but not thinking it will last too much longer here.
Hey Rob,
We initially felt the same way. It seems to be that the cooler the temp the firmer it feels.
It will slowly change with your body temp however.
We really like ours, so give it a little longer and see what you think.
Just my $0.02

jinjuku

jinjuku

As of now we love it. Took about 8 days or so to acclimate but now it's great.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Is this really necessary? How about keeping your "sessions" to yourself? And not having home owners insurance is dumb.

Last edited by a moderator:
connieflyer

connieflyer

Audioholic
Did not know you could not have fun on this forum, well maybe some can

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis