Oppo BDP-103D Blu-ray Player with Darbee Visual Presence Review

M

mr sarnoff

Audioholic Intern
I'm sure its decent with a not very good TV but IMO and some of the experts with something like a decent Sony or Samsung 4K HDR TV it's a waste of a decent Oppo and even more so with the 2017 3 - 4 Upper tier Sony X1 extreme processing models or my 2015 X1 reality Pro 4K HDR Sony and similar TV's .

Nobody can beat Sony upscaling or video processing in a consumer device or probably thgier cinematic and content productions including their digital Panaflex cinema camera chassis and so on .

Samsung is plenty good also and so is Panasonic and LG is probably good enough .

IOW outside of 4K UHD Blu ray media IMO disc spinners are waste of money and you can get a respectable tier one brand 4K HDR BD player for much less than 5 benjamin anyway and lossless music on CD and 1080p BD and DVD are wholly yesterday's news . Vudu HDX in my Android TV platform can match a 5 star 1080p BD and there are high quality HDR options to steam there at the various TV Android channels.

All my DVD (other) and lossless music is on spinning metal here BD DRM , Netflix and Amazon up to 4K HDR and up to 4K You Tube and Hulu here is in the cloud ☺ .

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis