R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
Oppo Digital is only maintaining the current players through the 2-year warranty period. To the best of my knowledge, there will be no new products. There may be some firmware improvements but that is speculation. For example, The Cambridge Audio player built on the Oppo 20x platform may be getting HDR10+ support. If that happens, it may also be pushed out to the 20x players.

When the announcement was made, I ordered another 205 and a 203 because they stream MKV and backups from HDR disks and are much faster than the 10x players.
How is the 203, I was looking at that one to buy soon?

RichB

RichB

Audioholic Field Marshall
Oppo Digital is only maintaining the current players through the 2-year warranty period. To the best of my knowledge, there will be no new products. There may be some firmware improvements but that is speculation. For example, The Cambridge Audio player built on the Oppo 20x platform may be getting HDR10+ support. If that happens, it may also be pushed out to the 20x players.

When the announcement was made, I ordered another 205 and a 203 because they stream MKV and backups from HDR disks and are much faster than the 10x players.
April 2'nd 2018:

https://www.oppodigital.com/farewell.aspx

- Rich

RichB

RichB

Audioholic Field Marshall
Thanks. Was the BDT-101CI run thru Oppo Digital US, tho? Was never on their website the times I checked? Or marketed in another way, maybe?
The BDT-101CI was an Oppo Digital player so also stopped production. I believe it was directly sold to custom installers. It was the fist to have triggers which were added to the 20x series so there was no follow-on for the CI market.

- Rich

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I have a friend who used to work there. AFAIK, the team responsible for the players are no longer with the company or have been moved to other projects, so no new players can be expected from them.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis