Onkyo TXSR 702 at 6th Avenue Electronics

M

mpd224

Audiophyte
I am new to this forum and due to my Sony taking a dive, I am now in the market for a new receiver. I found an Onkyo TXSR 702 at 6th Avenue Electronics for $554.00 with .6 cents shipping. The same receiver is at Circuit City for $799. Is this the same receiver and does it come with the same warranty since 6th Avenue is a certified Onkyo dealer? I can't understand why there is a $245 difference. Has anyone ordered from this place and are they a good place to do business with? Any info, suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated. It's killing me having to listen to everything through my TV. Thanks in advance.

Chris

L

Leprkon

Audioholic General
send a PM to Anonymous, if you can catch him online. He's pretty much the resident expert on the Onkyo's and has a 702. If anyone can answer your questions, it will be him.

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
I purchased a Yamaha dvd player for my mother-in-law from 6th AVE. The player arrived quickly in perfect condition. I am not certain, but I believe I was given a tracking # also. Highly recommended dealer.

N

nm2285

Senior Audioholic
I've had a positivce dealing or two with them as well. I'd trust them. They also have brick-and-mortar stores in Jersey which makes me feel better about ordering from them.

snakeyes

snakeyes

Audioholic Intern
$799 for the 702 is pricey $554 is about right

J

Joshr

Enthusiast
6th Ave etc.

I was in one of the 6th Ave. stores in NJ just yesterday, and I received excellent service from a sales guy who was not at all the usual over-opinionated, underinformed salesy type. He was quite knowledgeable, not pushy, took a lot of time with me...that's my only experience with them, but thought I'd chime in.

Re the particular receiver you're considering: why not go with Integra DTR-4.5? Take a look at what you get there for $550...pretty great. It's their entry level unit, but it's pretty feature-rich and sounds great.

--Josh

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis