Onkyo pr sc5530 to yamaha cx a5200

M

Mahmood kasi

Audiophyte
Hey every one hope every is fine
I recently switched onkyo over to Yamaha cx a5200
Every thing is good on Yamaha expect when i set my speaker to small like set frequency to 80hz all
On yamaha in subwoofer for lfe there is not frequency like i set in onkyo speaker 80hz so i can put diffrent frequencies on subwoofer like 90hz 100hz 120hz but in yamaha there is not lfe frequency so its fix on Yamaha or i can change the lfe frequencies
I m new to Yamaha its my first Yamaha av processor thanks

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The LPF of LFE should just be left at 120hz (it's not a crossover setting for the sub, just a limit on the LFE channel's content, your crossover setting is that between speaker and sub). It's often been wondered why there is even an option to change it. I am somewhat surprised it's not a feature in the Yamaha, though.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
No reason to change LPF, agreed.

You might want to try higher than 80hz on the speaker crossover after you set each speaker to small. Compare 80/90/100/110/120. That is adjustable on Yamaha. I usually end up around 100hz. Let the subs do their thing. :)

M

Mahmood kasi

Audiophyte
So there is o adjustable lfe for subwoofer in yamaha like other denon marantz etc

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
So there is o adjustable lfe for subwoofer in yamaha like other denon marantz etc
I took a brief look in the manual and didn't see such. Pretty much a non-issue, tho.

ps Is there a particular reason you want to limit LFE channel info?

M

Mahmood kasi

Audiophyte
Like onkyo have intelgent volume or intial volume and denon and marantz have source level
Whats in yamaha ??

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
What exactly are you trying to adjust for the Subwoofer?

1. If you set all your speakers' crossover to 80Hz, that means all the bass from about 80Hz and lower will go to the Subwoofers.

2. You can adjust the Subwoofer Levels from -10.0 to +10.0.

3. You can also go into Manual EQ and use the Parametric EQ to adjust the Subwoofer. For example, you can set the 15.6Hz band to -7.0dB & Q = 0.5, 39.4Hz band to +3.0dB & Q=0.5, 62.5Hz band to +3.0dB & Q=0.5, 78.7Hz band to +3.0dB & Q=0.5.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis