Onkyo pr sc5530 to yamaha cx a5200

M

Mahmood kasi

Audiophyte
Hey every one hope every is fine
I recently switched onkyo over to Yamaha cx a5200
Every thing is good on Yamaha expect when i set my speaker to small like set frequency to 80hz all
On yamaha in subwoofer for lfe there is not frequency like i set in onkyo speaker 80hz so i can put diffrent frequencies on subwoofer like 90hz 100hz 120hz but in yamaha there is not lfe frequency so its fix on Yamaha or i can change the lfe frequencies
I m new to Yamaha its my first Yamaha av processor thanks

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Seriously, I have no life.
The LPF of LFE should just be left at 120hz (it's not a crossover setting for the sub, just a limit on the LFE channel's content, your crossover setting is that between speaker and sub). It's often been wondered why there is even an option to change it. I am somewhat surprised it's not a feature in the Yamaha, though.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
No reason to change LPF, agreed.

You might want to try higher than 80hz on the speaker crossover after you set each speaker to small. Compare 80/90/100/110/120. That is adjustable on Yamaha. I usually end up around 100hz. Let the subs do their thing. :)

M

Mahmood kasi

Audiophyte
So there is o adjustable lfe for subwoofer in yamaha like other denon marantz etc

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Seriously, I have no life.
So there is o adjustable lfe for subwoofer in yamaha like other denon marantz etc
I took a brief look in the manual and didn't see such. Pretty much a non-issue, tho.

ps Is there a particular reason you want to limit LFE channel info?

Latest posts

newsletter
  • RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis