Onkyo, Pioneer Fiscal Year Ends Soon with Looming Bankruptcy.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Field Marshall
Saw that at AVSForum before the 700 range models was released, some Denon insider at German said they are considering it. I think D&M will keep very close watch how Onkyo and Pioneer sells with Dirac and the feedback. I`m puzzled why Yamaha engineers still living in stone age, unless they have done some critical changes to the YPAO version of upcoming top three models.

@M Code Onkyo and Pioneer will ship the cheaper mic with these units, so Umik-1 or similar better one is likely bought for those who want best results from Dirac. Check the price of Onkyo NR7100 / LX305 and Denon X3700H (1300$), how they can sell it so cheap? While people are always saying the fees company has to pay are higher for Dirac than for Audussey. I thought the pricing would have been higher than for D&M products, but quite the opposite.
Yeah. YPAO is not great I agree with that.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

E

EBN

Junior Audioholic
Will the avrs have the ability to incorporate the calibration files from other mics or is Dirac in these avrs done via external computer that can accommodate any mic calibration file?
Watch this video. I don´t know anything more.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Watch this video. I don´t know anything more.

Yes, that indicates that you can use a calibrated mic/computer setup instead of the built-in app in the avr.....

J

johnner1999

Junior Audioholic
Yes, that indicates that you can use a calibrated mic/computer setup instead of the built-in app in the avr.....
thats how Dirac works. Your computer captures the audio samples and sends it to UK where a supercomputer analysis it. Then moments later you download the results onto your AvR from your computer. At least from what I’ve seen.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
thats how Dirac works. Your computer captures the audio samples and sends it to UK where a supercomputer analysis it. Then moments later you download the results onto your AvR from your computer. At least from what I’ve seen.
Seems you can use the avr alone, tho? Maybe I need to dig some more, tho :)

newsletter
  • RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis