Onkyo, Pioneer Fiscal Year Ends Soon with Looming Bankruptcy.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Saw that at AVSForum before the 700 range models was released, some Denon insider at German said they are considering it. I think D&M will keep very close watch how Onkyo and Pioneer sells with Dirac and the feedback. I`m puzzled why Yamaha engineers still living in stone age, unless they have done some critical changes to the YPAO version of upcoming top three models.

@M Code Onkyo and Pioneer will ship the cheaper mic with these units, so Umik-1 or similar better one is likely bought for those who want best results from Dirac. Check the price of Onkyo NR7100 / LX305 and Denon X3700H (1300$), how they can sell it so cheap? While people are always saying the fees company has to pay are higher for Dirac than for Audussey. I thought the pricing would have been higher than for D&M products, but quite the opposite.
Yeah. YPAO is not great I agree with that.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

E

EBN

Audioholic
Will the avrs have the ability to incorporate the calibration files from other mics or is Dirac in these avrs done via external computer that can accommodate any mic calibration file?
Watch this video. I don´t know anything more.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Watch this video. I don´t know anything more.

Yes, that indicates that you can use a calibrated mic/computer setup instead of the built-in app in the avr.....

J

johnner1999

Junior Audioholic
Yes, that indicates that you can use a calibrated mic/computer setup instead of the built-in app in the avr.....
thats how Dirac works. Your computer captures the audio samples and sends it to UK where a supercomputer analysis it. Then moments later you download the results onto your AvR from your computer. At least from what I’ve seen.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
thats how Dirac works. Your computer captures the audio samples and sends it to UK where a supercomputer analysis it. Then moments later you download the results onto your AvR from your computer. At least from what I’ve seen.
Seems you can use the avr alone, tho? Maybe I need to dig some more, tho :)

RedHotFuzz

RedHotFuzz

Audioholic Intern
So...there's been complete radio silence on these new products that are supposed to start shipping next month. Are Onkyo/Pioneer officially dead? I've been waiting to order the new RZ50, but if it's vaporware I need to start a new search.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Voxx/Sharp deal was supposed to have news on 5/20/21. Nothing yet...

J

JengaHit

Audioholic
Strata-gee's latest assessment, about a month before the Voxx LOI announcement is interesting.

It says the EVO Fund, an int'l private-equity fund, suddenly pulled out of a promised $56M deal to infuse new capital into Onkyo. The report mentions order fulfillment and credit problems as a factor.

So what spooked EVO, and what is Voxx seeing that EVO didn't? I do hope Onkyo survives. More competition and consumer choices are better.

J

Jon Shepp

Audiophyte
Below is correct URL on VOXX taking over Onkyo, based on approval at investor meeting June 25, 2021. I will look forward to Onyko returning along with high end Pioneer, enjoying its products starting in the 1970's. I have been upgrading Onkyo since 16 years ago, by favorite amp bought two years ago taken out by a surge through a Spectrum line not well grounded. Discovered then parts were no longer available. https://audioxpress.com/news/voxx-international-corporation-agrees-to-acquire-the-home-audio-video-business-of-onkyo-home-entertainment-corporation

Stutz320

Stutz320

Junior Audioholic
I hope Pioneer makes it. I bought a VSX934 on sale and really like it.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I hope Pioneer makes it. I bought a VSX934 on sale and really like it.
I hope they both make it. I want competition for most badass products like we used to. Onkyo pre/pros were very nice and I'd love to see those make a return. Preferably with something other than their current RC.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I hope they both make it. I want competition for most badass products like we used to. Onkyo pre/pros were very nice and I'd love to see those make a return. Preferably with something other than their current RC.
They did announce Dirac equipped avrs.....I guess if the deal is confirmed maybe someone around here will take the dive!

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
They did announce Dirac equipped avrs.....I guess if the deal is confirmed maybe someone around here will take the dive!
I might if the price is right. Other than my HDMI issue my Onkyo has been nothing but solid since I got it. I dealt a lot with all the AVR brands over the years, but Onkyo and Denon have been my favorites. Haven't owned Yamaha yet.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I might if the price is right. Other than my HDMI issue my Onkyo has been nothing but solid since I got it. I dealt a lot with all the AVR brands over the years, but Onkyo and Denon have been my favorites. Haven't owned Yamaha yet.
I like you had an Onkyo go south with the hdmi/network board issue and after the extended warranty repair has also been a champ. I have had a Pioneer, that didn't make it but a bit beyond warranty period. I like my Denons and my old cheap pre-hdmi Sony has been quite reliable. I've also not had a Yamaha....I'd rather not relearn the terminology :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis