Once again: what are you listening to now?

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds at Radio City Music Hall. It just rocks and I just love the honesty of someone who is SO big. All of the success and still just loves to play-nothing better than that.:)
I have tried to get into Dave Matthews, but I just can't seem to.

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
Digging into the archives

Todd Rundgren - Hermit of Mink Hollow
Barry Groudreau - s/t
Manassas
Souther Hillman Furey Band
Kraftwerk - TEE
I have heard of Rundgren and Kraftwerk.

H

Hawkeye

Full Audioholic
I have heard of Rundgren and Kraftwerk.
Barry Groudreau - former Boston guitarist - http://www.amazon.com/Barry-Goudreau/dp/B000002ZA9

Souther Hillman Furey Band - made up of JD Souther (co-wrote many Eagles songs), Chris Hillman (Byrds), Richie Furey (Poco).
http://www.amazon.com/Souther-Hillman-Furay-Band-Shf/dp/B000068TN7/ref=m_art_pr_1/002-3786754-2928834

Manassas - Stephen Stills, Chris Hillman and other greats - http://www.amazon.com/Manassas-Stephen-Stills/dp/B00005HE97/ref=sr_1_4/002-3786754-2928834?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1194444451&sr=1-4

Last edited:
3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Two albums last night

Dire Strait's "love over Gold" I love that song Telegraph Road.

JS Bach "Tocatta" with the sub on and DSP set to hall witha a 20ms delay just to make it feel that wee bit bigger

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
Last edited:
3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Tom Petty & The HeartBreaker's "Dam The Torpedoes" easily, one of the best Petty albums

T

tbewick

Senior Audioholic
I'm going through the Sir Charles Mackerras Beethoven Symphony cycle at the moment, which was performed live at the 2006 Edinburgh Festival. I enjoyed his earlier version of the cycle with the Royal Liverpool Phil. This one is with the Philharmonia Orchestra (9th) and the Scottish Chamber Orchestra (1-8).

skizzerflake

skizzerflake

Audioholic Field Marshall
My latest favorites are the new CD by Grace Potter and the Nocturnals. Her latest CD "This is Somewhere" is a considerable improvement over the previous one, which wasn't too bad for a self produced debut. She is a talented writer and singer. With better production and more solid songs, this is excellent stuff from a real talent.

The other fave is John Butler Trio's Grand National. The cd is a lot like his first (Sunrise Over Sea). I like his Aussie-Dreadlock-Hippie-Enviro freak style. I saw him in concert last week and was awed by his virtuoso accoustic guitar playing. I liked him in recordings, but didn't realize just how good he is live. For a sample, see the "Ocean" video on Youtube. The cds remind me of an excellent live experience.

Last edited:
ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds at Radio City Music Hall. It just rocks and I just love the honesty of someone who is SO big. All of the success and still just loves to play-nothing better than that.:)
Got the BR version in the mail last night and listening/watching it now....awesome!

davidtwotrees

davidtwotrees

Audioholic General
French Chanteuse Camile

If you like female vocals, a French person from the Netherlands reccomended this to me......her name is Camile, and her CD, Le Fil (The Thread) is one of the most interesting vocal discs I have heard in my life. She is a fabulous young singer and really is experimenting with her voice in all sorts of different styles and tones. The album is sung in French, with a couple of verses in English. There is very little insturmentation on the 18 songs, just her voice layered in tracks, with all kinds of vocal noises by her. The title refers to the fact that the thread is her voice in one note that is in the background of every song, during quiet moments you can hear it going on and on. The video for the title track is great.
Ta Douler

davidtwotrees

davidtwotrees

Audioholic General
Vocal Sampling in a Live Setting

Here is a vid of Camille live using a sampler to layer her vocals while she sings a capella. I have seen this used to great effect Live recently by Imogen Heap, who's most recent album was up for a grammy watch Imogen, she is a master of vocal sampling live.
Imogen Heap Vocal Tour De Force

Last edited by a moderator:
davidtwotrees

davidtwotrees

Audioholic General
Simple Minds Hi-Res

I just received the Hybrid Stereo SACD Simple Minds Greatest Hits. I didn't know they were so prolific. This is an excellent remastering, and it was interesting to compare it with the Simple Minds DVD-A disc, Once Upon A Time. They share some of the same songs. The DVD-A multi channel was hands down better sounding than the hybrid stereo sacd, imho. This was not done in a DBT setting.......

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I just received the Hybrid Stereo SACD Simple Minds Greatest Hits. I didn't know they were so prolific. This is an excellent remastering, and it was interesting to compare it with the Simple Minds DVD-A disc, Once Upon A Time. They share some of the same songs. The DVD-A multi channel was hands down better sounding than the hybrid stereo sacd, imho. This was not done in a DBT setting.......

I have their best on a 2Cd collection with close to 18 songs per side. Its an indication that they were aroud for a while and wrote many Many songs

skizzerflake

skizzerflake

A new favorite is Gogol Bordello's "Super Taranta". A few weeks ago, I went to a live performance in a small, very up close venue (Sonar in Baltimore) and was amazed. Eugene Hutz is, quite simply, the most energetic performer since the prime of Mick Jagger. The new CD is much more substantial than their first, with better songs, very tight playing and more of the signature Gypsy-Punk sound (how many rock bands you know of have a violin and accordian?). This is one of the best albums of the moment and very much worth a listen.

Last edited:
NYyankeeboi

NYyankeeboi

Junior Audioholic
Touched the Sky-Dennis Ferrer and Church Lady-Dennis Ferrer. I love how some of this gospel music is mixed with a really deep house club type beat.

NYyankeeboi

NYyankeeboi

Junior Audioholic
The Blueprint-Jay Z...

Loudly@ 2:16am too..lol...

Ahh yes being single and living alone has it's advantages...lol

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
"Soul of A Man" from Martin Scorsese's production of "the Blues"

skizzerflake

skizzerflake

John Butler Trio. Again, a cheap, close up Sonar show in Baltimore that verifies what I hear on the cd. I really like both of his widely released cds. The latest, Grand National is quite enjoyable. This guy is an incredible guitar player, good singer with a unique style. Most people think that a 12 string is a clunky instrument, only fit for jangly chords, but Butler thinks it's a vehicle for a virtuoso performance. He plays with 11 strings (one removed because it gets in his way) and a variety of other guitars, as well as banjo. No wonder he's the hottest thing in Australia. His dreadlocked, surfer, hippie, eco-freak vibe is easy to take. For a sample of his amazing skills, check out the youtube view of "Ocean", a song left from his busker days.

jagxtype

jagxtype

Audioholic
Recently...
By artist/band

Bob Dylan
Alan Parson
Cake
Deftones
Social Distortion
AFI
Death Cab for Cutie
Neil Young
CSNY
Beatles
Buffalo springfield
Chicago
The Cars
Chevelle
Chuck Berry
Derek and the Dominoes
Dire Straits
Doors
Eric Clapton
the Fall of Troy
Finch
I Hate Kate
Jimi Hendrix
Led Zeppelin
Lovin Spoonful
Motion City Soundtrack
Plain White T's
Pink Floyd
Rage Against
Rid Stuart
Rolling Stones
Sam the Sham and the Pharoahs
The Who
Yes
Zombies
Animals

Thats about what i have listened to this week. Listen to music almost all day every day :D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis