Once again: what are you listening to now?

skizzerflake

skizzerflake

Audioholic Field Marshall
Grace Potter and the Nocturnals and Bruce Springsteen's Magic. Potter has evolved since her last CD, which was an interesting talented jam-band + wild child vocals. She's a little deeper now, better songs and more range.

Springsteen is back with E-Street and rocking like he hasn't for some years. Nothing startling there but enjoyable.

C

caupina

Full Audioholic
Manu Katche's "Playground" which is his third solo album, excellent!!!!! and also Bobo Stenson Trio's "Reflection". Great Jazz!!!!!

pcefrog

pcefrog

Junior Audioholic
my ten

i have a ten pack cd player in my truck
i randomly grab ten cds every other week or so

-Bjork - POST
-Bjork - DEBUT
-matisyahu - YOUTH
-Beastie Boys -HELLO NASTY
-Tea Party - SPLENDOR SOLIS
-Kasabian -EMPIRE
-Muse -BLACK HOLES AND REVELATIONS
-Queens Of the Stone Age - SONGS FOR THE DEAF
-Iron Maiden - KILLERS
-Yes -DRAMA

ps i recently bought a couple of new sacd s because of the threads here, so keep posting faves everybody
pss SACD's were Flaming lips ...yoshi, and modest mouse,last album

Fastnbulbous

Fastnbulbous

Audioholic
Accidentally posted this on 80s thread 10/3:

Porcupine Tree, Fear of a Blank Planet
Oceansize, Frames

Have recently gained greater appreciate for Bows, Cassidy (2001). Luke Sutherland's post-Long Fin Killie project. Avoiding trip hop cliches, it's pretty lush stuff.

-----------

Enjoying Radiohead * In Rainbows, though in 160 kbps. Justice * Cross, new Springsteen, Chromatics * Night Drive, Siouxsie * Mantaray, Studio * Yearbook 1.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Muse for me right now. I got into them when I saw a trailer for "30 Days of Night" The bad-A$$ song with the piano playing is done by them. So I've been listening to that album titled Absolution.

The song is called Apocalypse Please, btw.

SheepStar

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
Muse for me right now. I got into them when I saw a trailer for "30 Days of Night" The bad-A$$ song with the piano playing is done by them. So I've been listening to that album titled Absolution.

The song is called Apocalypse Please, btw.

SheepStar
I listened to a couple of samples of Black Holes on the headphones at the CD store, but was not impressed enough to buy it. Perhaps I should give them another chance?
I listened to the new one from Siouxsee (Mantaray) last night, and it is great!

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
I listened to a couple of samples of Black Holes on the headphones at the CD store, but was not impressed enough to buy it. Perhaps I should give them another chance?
I listened to the new one from Siouxsee (Mantaray) last night, and it is great!
The album I've been listening to is pre-black holes. I personally think it's better.

SheepStar

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
Listening to Medicine Hat right now. Nice and uplifting!

Since the passing of my favorite band lead singer/guitarist, Hughie Thomasson of the Outlaws, I have found a new favorite band. It's a cross of Boston style arena rock and the Outlaws country rock. There is great guitar work and very nice vocals and harmonies. Give a listen to some of the cuts on From Nowhere To Here, especially Too Far Gone and Forever Survive. (But they're all good if you enjoy this style of music. But not much in the way of guitar solos in the short clips...they're pretty decent, though.)

Here's the link to the band's website and album...

http://www.hobarts.co.uk/medhat/music_fromnoweheretohere.htm

Last edited:
zildjian

zildjian

Audioholic Chief
Jazz

Miles Davis Kind of Blue

If you don't already listen to jazz but are interested... read below.

It's not a new & exciting release, but it sure is a fantastic and influential album. I don't know if there are may jazz fans here, I listen to mostly rock, but I like a bit of everything (except c-Rap), so I don't have a LOT of jazz albums. If anybody wants to get their first jazz CD, go pick this one up. Or if you do like jazz and you somehow don't have this album, maybe you lost it... It's either the top or near the top selling jazz album of all time. It has sold so many copies that it can be found in almost any used CD bin under jazz at your local music store, if they have used bins, so there you go. There a handful of re-releases, just get one. I buy a lot of music from the used CD bins... "what somebody sold this back!!!??" Then I run to the register happy with my finds...

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
Miles Davis Kind of Blue

If you don't already listen to jazz but are interested... read below.

It's not a new & exciting release, but it sure is a fantastic and influential album. I don't know if there are may jazz fans here, I listen to mostly rock, but I like a bit of everything (except c-Rap), so I don't have a LOT of jazz albums. If anybody wants to get their first jazz CD, go pick this one up. Or if you do like jazz and you somehow don't have this album, maybe you lost it... It's either the top or near the top selling jazz album of all time. It has sold so many copies that it can be found in almost any used CD bin under jazz at your local music store, if they have used bins, so there you go. There a handful of re-releases, just get one. I buy a lot of music from the used CD bins... "what somebody sold this back!!!??" Then I run to the register happy with my finds...
I met him in San Francisco way too many years ago...playing at some jazz spot. As I recall he was VERY enjoyable to chat with and not at all taken with his status.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
varied last night

It was great night last :D

Beethoven's Eroica symphony; Herbet Karajan conducting

John Mayalls "Road Stories"

Kinks "Misfits"

pcefrog

pcefrog

Junior Audioholic
plant/krauss

got the cd..last tuesday,,listened for a week plus. sounds good. music is okay..singing good..but the musicians playing in the background...IMO, are playing too safe all the time...its like they made a album to play in the background at an office......................i hope that plant does more of these collaborations..good idea..........anyone think of a good artist for Robert Plant to make a record with?? jack white? Bjork? black mountain?// ????

R

rhaeckl

Audioholic Intern
Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds at Radio City Music Hall. It just rocks and I just love the honesty of someone who is SO big. All of the success and still just loves to play-nothing better than that.:)

H

Hawkeye

Full Audioholic
Digging into the archives

Todd Rundgren - Hermit of Mink Hollow
Barry Groudreau - s/t
Manassas
Souther Hillman Furey Band
Kraftwerk - TEE

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com