Once again: what are you listening to now?

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
Jesse Fuller - San Francisco Bay Blues

John Doe & The Sadies - Night Life

Chuck Berry - I Got To Find My Baby

Last edited by a moderator:
3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Led Zeppelin "Remastered CD" that were just released. I hear only very subtle differences with this one which tells me that Page and the producers got it right back in 1969. :)

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Led Zeppelin "Remastered CD" that were just released. I hear only very subtle differences with this one which tells me that Page and the producers got it right back in 1969. :)
Well that makes me happy since I bought this 4 CD boxset used last year. When the seller sent it I thought it was a Vinyl set, which would have not upset me at all. Sounds great too.:D
Amazon.com: Led Zeppelin: Music

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
You guys must be talking about the newer vinyl pressings because the initial copy pressings on Atlantic Records were shite in '69. Praise the Lord and pass the ketchup when they released the 4cd re-mastered box-set in the 90's. There was a reason why they were re-mastered besides the obvious re-sales. Even as a young kid of 14 I can remember hearing the master tape hum in the background on top of the vinyl analog hum, which was constant throughout the whole album and annoying as hell. :mad: I still have them & put them on when anybody gets starry eyed about the past & how good vinyl sounded compared to cd's. I put on the re-mastered cd tracks from the 1st album ... the Led Zep II album was just as crappy... and they concede it was yeah, pretty bad. :eek: One guy claimed it was my copies, so the next time I was over at his place I bought along the box-set and we did the comparison all over again with his albums, on his equipment. I continued taunting him until he cried uncle. :D I can be such an a$$ at times. ;)

But the dam band was so good they could of fed the sound thru a funnel and I would have bought it. :) Remarkable and ground breaking; even if half the tunes were stolen whole cloth from Willie Dixon ... Willie sued and won. :) Without those first 2 albums the whole Chicago/Mississippi Delta blues would have been a complete mystery to most of the white kids world-wide in the late 60's. The Stones were covering Chess/Dixon tunes in the early-mid 60's but none of those singles I believe ever cracked the Billboard top 10.

defmoot

defmoot

Audioholic
The Rolling Stones - "2120 South Michigan Ave."

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/a6MV_Me6CK8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
Putting a together a cd of reference songs for my demo this morning, for a pair of BG Radia Z-7's.

Inva Mulla Tchako & The London Symphony Orchestra - Lucia Di Lammermoor & The Diva Dance ... BTW, that is not Evgenia Laguna singing.

The Polyphonic Spree - You Don't Know Me

Jellyfish - Bedspring Kiss

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
just in case there is any doubt about the Page/Plant hoist of '69. this is from Sonny Boy Williamson's 1963 recording of the Willie Dixon produced & penned tune, Bring It On Home, on his The Real Folk Blues (*****) album. they not only caught them with this diamond but other rubies and baubles too as well on the 1st two albums. I love Zep but I love Willie more :) God rest his soul. :cool:

defmoot

defmoot

Audioholic
The Girl From Ipanema (45 rpm single)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/pWt7a610rcg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

because futbol...

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
anybody have a clue who this is? the song that is.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis