Once again: what are you listening to now?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Porcupine Tree - The Incident

Last edited by a moderator:
3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Driving to the park n ride

Last night,

Muddy Waters, Johhny Winter, James Cotton "Breakin It Up Breakin It Down" on CD

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
The longest version known to man for when you need the extra time to practice that spin move that invariably clocks someone on the dance floor that shouldn't have been that close to you anyway.

This is one of my favorite Gorillaz tunes but the live in Harlem version has that smokin' hot black chick. It's a good rental on DVD from Netflix but the utube audio on that sucks so here's this one with better audio.

... one more.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Don't know if you have the album or not, but I like this version of Clint Eastwood that is a bonus track on there too. The up-tempo was unexpected and it kinda cracks me up.

And this

skizzerflake

skizzerflake

Audioholic Field Marshall
Right now, it's a departure from my usual harder stuff. I'm completely enjoying Brian Wilson - Reimagines Gershwin. This is kinda like The Beach Boys do Porgy and Bess. The "Boys" don't perform, but the arrangements are very much in their vocal style. As usual in recent decades, Brian's voice is marginal, but the arrangements and sound are really lush, complex and work surprisingly well with Gershwin's songs. A couple songs were previously only on manuscript but given to Brian by the estate of Gershwin. This is NOT for everybody, but, if you can surrender to its strangeness, it's quite good, done with care and not a trace of irony. It's obvious that Brian loves this music.

Brian Wilson - 'S Wonderful - YouTube

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
VolBeat - Sad Man's Tongue

VolBeat - Still Counting

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
The Raveonettes "The Chain Gang Of Love" on 180gm vinyl. excellent album..quiet between tracks but the recording qualuty is poor

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
This music is good to watch.

It makes your speakers way less important.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Kasabian "Velociraptor" on CD

L

Lordhumungus

Audioholic

I'm not sure I've ever heard another song sung with as much conviction.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Melvin Taylor & The Slack Band "Tin Pan Alley" on CD

Here's a guitarist that could easily keep up with the likes of Jimmi Hendrix and Stevie Ray Vaughan but yet gained little notoriety.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Lush is really not my thing, but electric blues is...
Never heard about Melvin Taylor - but I do like it a lot...
Checked his web site - :( no concerts planned for NY :(:(
I'm sure he'd fill BB King's Club no problem
Went to see Taj Mahal there and loved every minute of the show

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Lush is really not my thing, but electric blues is...
Never heard about Melvin Taylor - but I do like it a lot...
Checked his web site - :( no concerts planned for NY :(:(
I'm sure he'd fill BB King's Club no problem
Went to see Taj Mahal there and loved every minute of the show
I have a diverse taste in music :) Now about Melvin, he does an awesome job of Voodoo Chile on that album that I listed. Its a great album and if you acquire it, will slide into your blues collection like a pair of comfortable slippers. ;)

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I have a diverse taste in music :) Now about Melvin, he does an awesome job of Voodoo Chile on that album that I listed. Its a great album and if you acquire it, will slide into your blues collection like a pair of comfortable slippers. ;)
Check this one out:
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-in-reply-to="185340164674043904"><p>@boredsysadm I'm working with some folks to get there in the next few months - tell all your friends!MT</p>&mdash; Melvin Taylor (@mlvntaylormusic) March 29, 2012</blockquote>
<script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis