Once again: what are you listening to now?

skizzerflake

skizzerflake

Audioholic Field Marshall
One of my favorite desert-island discs, Mike Ness, Cheating at Solitaire. His country-punk-rockabilly songs are perfect with his damaged gravel monotone voice. This one came out in 1999 when he released two similar albums. Cheating is mostly Ness songs with a few covers, Under the Influences is mostly covers with a few Ness songs. "Pour yourself a drink, make it a double and chase it with tears". One of my favorites is this one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjwi2OELumY

Last edited:
Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Somebody is gonna wear out the Mojo album. :)

SF, as soon as I'm done with PULSE I'll give that country sounding title a go. ;)

PULSE ...

... on vinyl. :cool:

walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
Somebody is gonna wear out the Mojo album. :)

SF, as soon as I'm done with PULSE I'll give that country sounding title a go. ;)

PULSE ...

... on vinyl. :cool:
I want that TT back. Looks great. Enjoy... Maybe you'll get another 40 years out of it, I did.

Last edited:
3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Sonnyboy Williamson "Bummer Road" on vinyl Chess Records

Alec Seward "Creepin Blues" on vinyl . This is rapidly becomming my favourite blues album of all time.

Ben Harper & The Relentess 7 "White Lies For Dark Times" on CD.
This is an excellent recording...

Alex, Try and get your mits on this CD. I think you'll like him if you're into good lyrics ie, like Matthew Good Band.

poutanen

poutanen

Full Audioholic
CCR - Best of...

Loving that "Suzie Q" just a great tune no matter how many times I've heard it! :D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
CCR - Best of...

Loving that "Suzie Q" just a great tune no matter how many times I've heard it! :D
I've got Creedence Gold on vinyl and Chronicle on CD. Going for the vinyl ATM.

Just got through with the LA Woman album. I listened to it on some poppy/hissy/scratchy vinyl and it still sounded better than this ... except for the hiss, scratch and pop. :rolleyes: :p

Last edited by a moderator:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I have LA woman on DVD-A and it sounds great in stereo. The only track that sounds really good in m/c is Riders.

I have Creedence's Willy and the Poor Boys on stereo SACD and it sounds excellent.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord

Just got through with the LA Woman album. I listened to it on some poppy/hissy/scratchy vinyl and it still sounded better than this ... except for the hiss, scratch and pop. :rolleyes: :p
Thats my favourite Doors album. I payed $18.00 for a mint used copy.

The other day I picked up a mint used copy of the Del Fuegos "The Longest Day" and a not so mint actually rough but original copy of Jimmy Witherspoon "A Spoonful of Blues"

H

hwkn

Junior Audioholic
I'm watching Elton John and Leon Russell performing their new album from the Beacon Theater in NYC live on Fuse.

walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
I'm watching Elton John and Leon Russell performing their new album from the Beacon Theater in NYC live on Fuse.
First time I saw Leon Russel was in 72 at the Warehouse in Gretna LA. Man was I stoned.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Del Fuegos "The Longest Day" on vinyl
Jimmy Witherspoon "A Spoonful Of Blues" on vinyl

poutanen

poutanen

Full Audioholic
This is where I have to expand my vinyl collection. I've got mostly newer stuff, Metallica, Radiohead box set, DJ Shadow... and then some old stuff like Classical albums pulled from unsuspecting Goodwill stores. :D

DJ Shadow's Endtroducing sounds great on vinyl!!! That said I'm going to turn Silversun Pickups off now and listen to some hiss and pop!

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Ben Harper & The Relentless 7 "White Lies For Dark Days" on CD

Black Rebel Motorcyle Club "Howl" on CD

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Del Fuegos "The Longest Day" on vinyl

Best of CCR on vinyl

AC/DC "Black Ice on CD

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Clutch "Rock N Roll Fury" on CD
Tears For Fears "The Hurting" on vinyl
Robin Trower "Bridge Of Sighs" on CD

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Willie Dixon "Chess Box " first CD out of 2
Jimi Hendrix "Electric Lady Land" on vinyl
Cindi Lauper "Memphis Blues" on CD

I like her choice of songs and blues artists that accompany her but she cannot sing the blues. Her voice is expressive but lacks the bite and growl needed to come across as a blues singer.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Not sure if mine is 'Masterphile' or not but it's good to listen to.

... mostly for this song (pretty good sound from from You Tube on this also) ;) ...

Last edited by a moderator:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis