Once again: what are you listening to now? Part 2.

John Lohmann

John Lohmann

Full Audioholic
I like some of the Michael McDonald Doobies, but the Tom Johnson era was where it's at for the vast majority of Boobie Bros fans, including me. I have all of those albums, except the first one.
Yeah, I was raised on the McDonald Doobie stuff -- I even liked his solo work, including "Ya Mo Be There."

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
Huh?

Aren't they known as the DOOBIE Brothers?
Here's what I said above: "I like some of the Michael McDonald Doobies, but the Tom Johnson era was where it's at for the vast majority of Boobie Bros fans, including me. I have all of those albums, except the first one."

John Lohmann

John Lohmann

Full Audioholic
Here's what I said above: "I like some of the Michael McDonald Doobies, but the Tom Johnson era was where it's at for the vast majority of Boobie Bros fans, including me. I have all of those albums, except the first one."
Oh, yeah...I knew what you meant. No biggie. ;)

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
This arrived yesterday. It was the final project of Randy Layton, president of Alternative Records before he unfortunately died of cancer. Two-LP reissue of Robert Vaughn’s “Songs From the Riverhouse” 1991 CD. I believe only around 70 of these LP’s were made. He included a CD that went unreleased of an EP “White Trash Supper Club” that was extended to 12 tracks. Blues rock on par with Hendrix or Cream. Just great stuff. Get this: Randy charged only $40 and that included the CD. What a guy.

Attachments

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Audioholic General
An overlooked gem that came out before Brothers in Arms. The dynamics and soundstage are amazing on a good system. The guitar solo to close out Telegraph Road is a thing of beauty.
IMG_5175.jpeg

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I drove down to Kingston, 196km drive to buy a bouquet of roses and drop them off at my g/f work. Its her first bouquet in 40+ years and I was bound determined to give it to her instead of having a courier deliver them to her. I then stopped by the closed campground to take some pictures, collapse a picnic table, and get my fleecy and windbreaker out of the trailer. I drove home and was so pumped about today and the joy I gave my g/f that I did my 10km walk. I snapped these pics a few minutes ago because I couldn't remember one of the names of the bands.

IMG_3144.jpg
IMG_3145.jpg
IMG_3146.jpg
IMG_3148.jpg

I closed off the evening with

Screenshot 2024-10-17 191240.jpg

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Audioholic General
Deluxe edition of Tom Petty album from 82. My 1st time seeing TP and the HB was on this tour. The extra cuts finish with a killer version of Wild Thing. Good stuff.

IMG_5179.jpeg

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis