Once again: what are you listening to now? Part 2.

crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Full Audioholic
Well sh!t, my bday is the 10th, love the dead, an enjoy what Dead&Co. have been doing for years. I read they were doing the Cornell show but didn’t realize there was a streaming option! Must have been cool to watch. Maybe Apple Music will have some video in a year or so.
You can still go stream 5-8-23 Cornell and all snows back to 2018 i think, and all of the upcoming summer tour that started i think two days ago. Go to Nugs.net. All live. About $30/show.

I 'll be going to SPAC on June 18 and then Fenway Park June 24 and 25.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I am currently giving the Porcupine Tree Deadwing Deluxe a listen. Wow, the BD in DTS-HD, the mix pops around the room more than I expected with NeuralX, even knowing the original mix. Still a great album to revisit, got to hear a few of these great tracks live late last year on the tour too.

The tour shirt I got:

crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Full Audioholic
The source material used to make the Grateful Dead movie from Winterland Oct '74. 44 Songs and 6 and a half hours. A great Morning Dew. I believe that this is the Eyes of the World that made it onto their So Many Roads box set.

Winterland.jpg

crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Full Audioholic
I downloaded the first two concerts from Dead and Company 2023 summer tour, May 19 and 20 at Los Angeles and listening now

23 05 19 deadco230519_01.jpg
23 05 20 deadco230520_01.jpg

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
For anyone into '70s prog rock, Hora Nata by Banzaï . 3dB and MrBoat? Not as eclectic is my usual fare by typical for the era. Vocals remind me a bit of Jon Anderson and music.... Hocus Pocus? Nice bass work, any way.

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
For anyone into '70s prog rock, Hora Nata by Banzaï . 3dB and MrBoat? Not as eclectic is my usual fare by typical for the era. Vocals remind me a bit of Jon Anderson and music.... Hocus Pocus? Nice bass work, any way.
I didn't get too far into progressive rock beyond ELP and perhaps what perhaps the likes of Uriah Heep may have contributed to that genre. I do get the Focus reference, though. Around that time, Judas Priest, AC/DC, Kansas and a bunch of other hard rock/pop bands kind of took over my music life for years. During the '80s, MTV made me go more underground away from mainstream pretty much entirely and I ended up following electric blues and the guitar virtuosos of the time.

Fact is, I didn't really get progressive rock or jazz or what it was trying to do, musically, and stuck to the more crude and simple melodic stuff.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
I didn't get too far into progressive rock beyond ELP and perhaps what perhaps the likes of Uriah Heep may have contributed to that genre. I do get the Focus reference, though. Around that time, Judas Priest, AC/DC, Kansas and a bunch of other hard rock/pop bands kind of took over my music life for years. During the '80s, MTV made me go more underground away from mainstream pretty much entirely and I ended up following electric blues and the guitar virtuosos of the time.

Fact is, I didn't really get progressive rock or jazz or what it was trying to do, musically, and stuck to the more crude and simple melodic stuff.
Thanks for replying. You've mentioned your love for good bass tracks and when I listened to Banzaï I thought it might appeal to you. Some nice melodic bass work. For progressive rock it's not "out there" like some other bands but a little more than simple melodic stuff. :)

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
Thanks for replying. You've mentioned your love for good bass tracks and when I listened to Banzaï I thought it might appeal to you. Some nice melodic bass work. For progressive rock it's not "out there" like some other bands but a little more than simple melodic stuff. :)
I started to listen to it but ran out of time. I just don't know enough about it, and that is why I don't. I got sidetracked with too many choices at the time a lot of that music came out. I have been getting kind of overwhelmed again with too many choices due to streaming too!

ELP I hadn't listened to since around 1979, until quite recently. Yes, I do like a good bass line and will revisit this group again now that you pointed it out.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Hey Eppie, I got to check them out. I dont know that band and I liked a lot of prog rock bands. Check out Soen, A Swedish Prog Metal band....similar to Tool but maybe not quite as edgy

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Hey Eppie, I got to check them out. I dont know that band and I liked a lot of prog rock bands. Check out Soen, A Swedish Prog Metal band....similar to Tool but maybe not quite as edgy
I had never heard of them before. Another Youtube suggestion from my music feed.

I remember Pogre posting about Soen last year. I did like the sample tracks that were posted but have not had a chance to do a deep dive yet. Have you seen this studio performance of Trials? Seriously good!

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
Electronic music is a stretch for me. Good speakers make everything sound good so . No sense messing around with effects music. Just bring on the big boys and the subs and peel the wallpaper off of the neighbors walls. This is the synth/composer from the group "Yello." I bought the double CD collection. Their entire catalog is pretty much excellent, as well and I have most of it on CD. Fun stuff.

crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Full Audioholic
Daughter and fiance came over for BBQ and I like to have music on in the basement for when I go down there so I put on Morning Dew.

It made it half way through the about 50 versions

Morning Dew.jpg

crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Full Audioholic
May 28 2023 Atlanta

I've been downloading these from Nugs as soon as they show up.

Non-stop great stuff on the second set. Set 1 closer of GDTRFB is excellent too.

5-28-2023.jpg

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Track I have never heard from Deadwing era. Was on the bonus material disc, pretty good track.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis