Once again: what are you listening to now? Part 2.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
For the metal heads that like things a bit softer....sort of

robladw

robladw

Audioholic

Tommy Shaw did some great stuff apart from Styx that gets little to no mention. It is worth checking out.

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Showtime had Snatch and Gentlemen back to back last night so I had them on. Some fun tracks I hadn't heard in a while.

Kaskade89052

Kaskade89052

Audioholic Samurai
Spun after learning of Shock G's shocking -- no pun intended, really -- death:

Digital Underground – The Humpty Dance (1989, Vinyl) - Discogs

Digital Underground ‎– The Humpty Dance - VG+ 12 Single Record 1989 T–  Shuga Records
DIGITAL UNDERGROUND - The Humpty Dance - Tommy Boy 12 Vinyl - £1.99 |  PicClick UK
Vintage Rare Digital Underground “the humpty dance “... - Depop

Kaskade89052

Kaskade89052

Audioholic Samurai
Terrible to hear about this at only 57. I really enjoyed most of the albums and even saw them back in 1999 in Seattle. RIP
That's cool that you saw them -- I never got a chance. I used to spin this 12" single all the time at parties when I was a mobile DJ.

I also recently listened to "I Get Around" by 2 Pac, the single on which Shock makes a guest appearance ("I'm Shock G...the one who put the satin on your panties....never knew a hooker who could share me....").

They just don't make music like this anymore.

I agree about the age he passed; same situation with DMX. Too young. But these guys live a totally different kind of lifestyle compared to the majority of us...in the fast lane with random broads, booze and drugs. It's sad.

D

ddjr

Audioholic
How do you put the video in here??!?!?!!;!!!?
I can't figure it out. Please don't make me ask my kids, they already give me a hard time

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
That's cool that you saw them -- I never got a chance. I used to spin this 12" single all the time at parties when I was a mobile DJ.

I also recently listened to "I Get Around" by 2 Pac, the single on which Shock makes a guest appearance ("I'm Shock G...the one who put the satin on your panties....never knew a hooker who could share me....").

They just don't make music like this anymore.

I agree about the age he passed; same situation with DMX. Too young. But these guys live a totally different kind of lifestyle compared to the majority of us...in the fast lane with random broads, booze and drugs. It's sad.
I didn’t have many cassettes in the early years that they were popular but I had the first few Digital Underground cassettes. And with cassettes you are pretty committed to listening to the whole album. I only recently in the past year discovered their later albums from the 2000s but I enjoy those too.

Underwater Rimes is still my all time favorite song from the first album. This group made their first LP their greatest one. :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis