Once again: what are you listening to now? Part 2.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Just delivered!
Fetch the bolt cutters - Fiona Apple.
Officially Released Oct 2020 on CD. Epic records. Pictured here is her full discography besides soundtracks and misc cover songs on various artist compilations through the years! Been a fan since the 90s. Seen her at least 10 times live in NYC and each time she gave her all. I was waiting for a CD deluxe version with new tracks, but that never happened. They did one, only included a book with art and lyrics. I'd like to get the vinyls version, but too darn expensive for me. She tends to release albums every 7-8 years after her second album. My favorite by her is When The Pawn.
IMG_19022021_184756_(1350_x_1800_pixel).jpg

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Went down a memory rabbit hole and was promptly reminded just how freaking awesome this band was:
1613846336084.png

This is my favourite (gotta have to “ou” in there!) of theirs and it rocks very, very hard.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Dig it!

Cheers,

Phil
Gotta sh!t story when it comes to Chris Cornell.

My wife was pregnant with kid #2. She came home felling absolutely awful. We already had kid #1 and she was only 1. I had tickets to NIN and soundgarden. She was jus too sick for me to go. I didn't. I don't regret it, bit for now until the end of time I can say she is sort of the reason I didn't get to see Cris before he died.

Woo guilt trip

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Gotta sh!t story when it comes to Chris Cornell.

My wife was pregnant with kid #2. She came home felling absolutely awful. We already had kid #1 and she was only 1. I had tickets to NIN and soundgarden. She was jus too sick for me to go. I didn't. I don't regret it, bit for now until the end of time I can say she is sort of the reason I didn't get to see Cris before he died.

Woo guilt trip
Wow - holding a grudge are we? Kidding! Of course, you can always hold it over kid #2's head - "Because of you..." Just to add insult to injury, rub salt in the ol' wound as they say, the show was, well, pretty freakin' awesome! I can't recall the opening band's name (need to look it up - Edit: Cold Cave) but they were an industrial/EDM group that I really enjoyed; Soundgarden put on a seriously good retrospective and Trent was Trent (not the best I have seen, which was The Fragility tour in 2000 with A Perfect Circle; nor the worst - not bad, just not memorable - which was The Trilogy Tour in '18, though Daniel Avery and The Jesus and Mary Chain were pretty cool). Then again, even an average NIN performance is better than the vast majority of bands out there. Now that Cornell is gone, that show is even more memorable to me. :(

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Smash by Offspring. Sad that it's gripes are still valid over 25 years later. God I'm getting old.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Went down a memory rabbit hole and was promptly reminded just how freaking awesome this band was:

This is my favourite (gotta have to “ou” in there!) of theirs and it rocks very, very hard.
Open Letter to a Landlord came up on a random track list last weekend. Reminded me of what awesome rockers they were. Don't understand why the local rock station never plays these guys.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I've been on a Uriah Heep kick lately just discovering the music of the band.
I knew about them since I was a bratty teen but never got into their music until now.

And Alabama Slim...who sounds much like John Lee Hooker

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Fortunately my vinyl copy of Demons and Wizards is still in good condition. Great album. Magician's Birthday was loaned to a friend and subsequently ruined on a console record player.

Had not played any New Order in a long while. I recorded the Substance 1987 compilation to cassette so the double LP is in pristine condition. Blue Monday and Bizarre Love Triangle are probably the best known tracks.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Just delivered!
Fetch the bolt cutters - Fiona Apple.
Officially Released Oct 2020 on CD. Epic records. Pictured here is her full discography besides soundtracks and misc cover songs on various artist compilations through the years! Been a fan since the 90s. Seen her at least 10 times live in NYC and each time she gave her all. I was waiting for a CD deluxe version with new tracks, but that never happened. They did one, only included a book with art and lyrics. I'd like to get the vinyls version, but too darn expensive for me. She tends to release albums every 7-8 years after her second album. My favorite by her is When The Pawn.
View attachment 44792
I didn't realize she released something new. I am listening to it on Amazon Unlimited now.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
I've been on a Uriah Heep kick lately just discovering the music of the band.
I knew about them since I was a bratty teen but never got into their music until now.

And Alabama Slim...who sounds much like John Lee Hooker

I did like Easy Living by the Heat back in the day :)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis