Once again: what are you listening to now? Part 2.

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
I just love this album:
1611593206587.png

A hundred years in the sunshine
hasn't thought me all there is to know...

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
We should have an emoji for 'jealous'! :)
The first time was Wishbone Ash opening for Rennaisance and the last time was at Summerfest, which is a 10 day festival, hosting hundreds of bands every year (except 2020)- that night, it was Savoy Brown opening for Wishbone Ash. At the end of the show, they played Jeff Beck's version of 'A Day In The Life'. Jeff Beck played the following night.

We have a local college radio station that plays a huge variety of great music- at times, I find it absolutely amazing that any station plays their variety, but they are totally independent of advertising and corporate pressure, so...

On Sunday nights at 9PM Central Standard Time, a friend of mine hosts a show called 'Planet Prog' and he plays mostly European Prog, since the US hasn't produced as much and that's really what he prefers. They also archive their shows, so anyone can explore and listen at their convenience. Wednesday afternoons from 3-6PM CST is usually hosted by the station manager (Tom Crawford) and when he feels like doing it, he'll play whole LPs or a whole side.

www.wmse.org

Last edited:
killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
I find this to be a true hommage to an instrument. One of better recordings of a mandolin:
1611743724474.png

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I listened to these two bluesmen last night on 180gm vinyl.

The story about this guy is very interesting and very sad at the same time. He was equal to stature if not bigger than London Howlin Wolf at a meage 6'8" tall. Here's his story ..

He recorded 50+ albums and lost his parents at a young age. Here's his story.

Last edited:
afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Good afternoon folks :cool: o_O:pAllman Bros Band - Dreams. Mercury Records. Dreams is a 1989 four-disc box set issued by the Allman Brothers Band. Recorded 1966-1988. Dreams is a compilation of material taken from not only the Allman Brothers Band, but also from throughout musical careers of the Allmans and the band's other members prior to and following its formation. I luckily found disc 2 & 3 at my Thrift store. Hopefully I can find the other two later on. Of course great vocals and bluesy instrumentation.
IMG_28012021_122336_(1650_x_2200_pixel).jpg

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Judy London - Julie is her name Vol. 1(Her first album released on 12/1955) & Vol. 2(8/1958). Liberty/EMI/Capitol/Columbia Records. Released on CD(25 songs) in 1992. I knew her name, but never heard her music and don't know much about her. I guess you would call her the Diana Krall('S wonderful is done here by London in a faster tempo quite nicely) of her time after listening to her. Her biggest hit Cry me a river is included here. Beautifully mastered and arranged. London and her mom were fans of Billie Holiday. Lucky Thrift find this week. Hopeful to find more of her catalog in Vinyl or CD. Highly recommend if you like Krall who I imagine was a London fan.
_20210128_100141.JPG

Kaskade89052

Kaskade89052

Audioholic Samurai
I listened to these two bluesmen last night on 180gm vinyl.

The story about this guy is very interesting and very sad at the same time. He was equal to statue if not bigger than London Howlin Wolf at a meage 6'8" tall. Here's his story ..

He recorded 50+ albums and lost his parents at a young age. Here's his story.

Did you post this over at Home Theater Forum, too?

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
MCA Records. 1992 Release.
Patty Smyth - Patty Smyth
I knew about her from the group Scandal, which I liked as a kid. I saw her solo show back in June 2009 at B. B. Kings Club in NYC. It was a very intimate setting. It was her first live appearance in years since she started her family. Her husband John McEnroe and Actress Penny Marshall(Who I saw outside on the phone) were in attendance. She sounded and looked great. She played her Scandal hits as well.
Most songs written or co-writen by Patty Smyth. I had this on Cassette and CD. Yep I really liked this album and it was played alot. She released a record last year, which I need to get.
images (1).jpeg
download.jpeg

Two pics aren't mine.
IMG_28012021_154946_(1956_x_2200_pixel).jpg

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
After going on about SACD in another thread, I decided to listen to one. Wow, I forgot how hard Peter Gabriel’s “UP” hits. The DSD multi channel track is fun.
638012CB-16D1-47A3-A6E6-D2C211E658D7.jpeg

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis