Once again: what are you listening to now? Part 2.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
One of my favourite new groups to have come out in the last 7 years or so; "The Kills"

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
One of my favourite new groups to have come out in the last 7 years or so; "The Kills"

Add about a decade to your “last seven years or so”... Actually, I became aware of them after The Dead Weather’s Horehound came out in ‘09 (The Kills’ Alison Mosshart is the singer for this Jack White side project) and I’ve liked them ever since.

One of the sucky things about getting older is the seemingly accelerated passage of time: I was talking to my brother this weekend about an event that happened “just a few years ago” and when I looked it up, it was eleven... :oops:

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Add about a decade to your “last seven years or so”... Actually, I became aware of them after The Dead Weather’s Horehound came out in ‘09 (The Kills’ Alison Mosshart is the singer for this Jack White side project) and I’ve liked them ever since.

One of the sucky things about getting older is the seemingly accelerated passage of time: I was talking to my brother this weekend about an event that happened “just a few years ago” and when I looked it up, it was eleven... :oops:
I remember the Deadweather having two of their albums. I didnt realize that much time has passed.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan

Done in one take with a single microphone (Earthworks SV33) by the camera.

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
What do you mean?
I've spent more than two years listening to dozens of releases of the New Years' Day one more horrible than the other until I found one that sounded good. I even think it was one of the members here on AH that shared it with me. I like the song but most releases sound like sh***

Kaskade89052

Kaskade89052

Audioholic Samurai
I've spent more than two years listening to dozens of releases of the New Years' Day one more horrible than the other until I found one that sounded good. I even think it was one of the members here on AH that shared it with me. I like the song but most releases sound like sh***
But do you mean singles of the track? Downloads?

Because, to be honest, the whole War LP, IMO, sounds kind of flat and lifeless; the track in question sounds particularly limp (I have an original blue label Island copy).

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
But do you mean singles of the track? Downloads?

Because, to be honest, the whole War LP, IMO, sounds kind of flat and lifeless; the track in question sounds particularly limp (I have an original blue label Island copy).
Oh, yes. Sorry. The whole album has this same sound profile that I subjectively see as (this is a loose description) all instruments and sounds being crammed together with no clear distinction and separation and somehow metalic sounding, like it has upper mids pronounced. Playing it loud really gnaws on my ears.

I like their ideas on that album, but I think the sound is doing them a disservice.

It's just that New Year's Day I'm very fond of, so I was looking to find at least that one to sound good. I did so. I think @Ponzio sent it to me. Later on I saw that the remaster is good enough to live with. I'll tell you which one exactly when I get back home.

Last edited:
Kaskade89052

Kaskade89052

Audioholic Samurai
Oh, yes. Sorry. The whole album has this same sound profile that I subjectively see as (this is a loose description) all instruments and sounds being crammed together with no clear distinction and separation and somehow metalic sounding, like it has upper mids pronounced. Playing it loud really gnaws on my ears.

I like their ideas on that album, but I think the sound is doing them a disservice.

It's just that New Year's Day I'm very fond of, so I was looking to find at least that one to sound good. I did so. I think @Ponzio sent it to me. Later on I saw that the remaster is good enough to live with. I'll tell you which one exactly when I get back home.
Yeah, the LP -- at least my copy -- just doesn't sound all that good. I'm far from a rabid fan, but I like some select songs by them, including the one we're talking about and the last track on the first side of War. I can also live with "Ground Beneath Her Feet"...

pcosmic

pcosmic

Senior Audioholic
Woah Woah Woah,,,,did i just hear the lyrics go "if ya luv me right, we fk for life and on and on and on"!!!???!!!........ @Gmoney , i think this fine lass wrote this song for you.

pcosmic

pcosmic

Senior Audioholic
Any drummers in the house? This bad boy was one of the best underrated drummers out there..

Last edited:
3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I just saw Kingfish play in Luc Cage S2E4. He's one my newest favourite blues artist. He really kicks it in this cameo.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis