Once again: what are you listening to now? Part 2.

Kaskade89052

Kaskade89052

Audioholic Samurai
The Quad mix on BR Audio interests me but not enough to buy new in an entire box set. I do love that album even though I only stream it. :)
I'm not enough of a fan to buy this in any kind of high resolution disc format; as it is, I really only drop the needle on it when I'm in the mood for "China Grove" or "Long Train Runnin'."

I also have Takin' it to the Streets on LP.

pcosmic

pcosmic

Senior Audioholic
Constantly listening to this sexy blonde bombshell's Best Of CD...
View attachment 39633
ATTN MS KRALL:
Diana, you beeech, many a good lad has been lost to your mediocrity! What is it? The blonde pubes?? A coupla "audiophile quality" recordings?? I guess we should ask the more talented lasses like Lisa Gerard, Lhasa De Sela, Hope Sandoval, Kate Bush, Stevie Nicks, Ani Difranco, etc, etc to make some "audiophile quality" recordings! :D

Last edited:
V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
ATTN MS KRALL:
Diana, you beeech, many a good lad has been lost to your mediocrity! What is it? The blonde pubes?? A coupla "audiophile quality" recordings?? I guess we should ask the more talented lasses like Lisa Gerard, Lhasa De Sela, Hope Sandoval, Kate Bush, Stevie Nicks, Ani Difranco, etc, etc to make some "audiophile quality" recordings! :D
I spent some time listening to the vocalists you list. IMHO, none of them compare favorably to Krall. If you want to get a little closer to the articulation, clarity and musically sensitive sound of Krall I would try some of these singers. Norah Jones, Patricia Barber, Holly Cole, Alison Krauss, Julie Byrne, Kandace Springs, Katie Melua, Sarah McLachlan, Ella Yelich, Anette Askvik and MALIA on Convergence. ;)

Kaskade89052

Kaskade89052

Audioholic Samurai
ATTN MS KRALL:
1599763804827.png

pcosmic

pcosmic

Senior Audioholic
A very cool indie/psychedelic rock band from my place of birth (Austin TX) that no one's heard of...That kooky li'l town had the loveliest women too (back in the days)...
20200910_172239.jpg

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis