Once again: what are you listening to now? Part 2.

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
Basically the coolest tune ever recorded: Giorgio Moroder and David Bowie - The Myth from the Cat People soundtrack.
shadyj
Cool song. I must have missed it at the movie itself.
Cat People is the only movie I have ever walked out on. I've seen a lot of bad movies, but there was just something about how that film struck me on that particular day and time. We didn't stay very long.
Like I said, the only film I've ever walked out on. I wonder what I would think of it now?

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
shadyj
Cool song. I must have missed it at the movie itself.
Cat People is the only movie I have ever walked out on. I've seen a lot of bad movies, but there was just something about how that film struck me on that particular day and time. We didn't stay very long.
Like I said, the only film I've ever walked out on. I wonder what I would think of it now?
I wouldn't blame anyone for not liking it. It is pretty much all style and not much substance. I can watch it because I like the style, personally.

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
I wouldn't blame anyone for not liking it. It is pretty much all style and not much substance. I can watch it because I like the style, personally.
Is that the movie with Nastassja Kinski as the female lead? I think that's why I went and saw the move. Or, rather, this photo was the reason I wanted to see the movie

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Yeah, if you watch the movie as an extended 80's music video, it is not bad. But as a film, it doesn't have great characters, logic, or a really involving plot. However, it is not especially bad compared to other horror movies of the time- this was in the heyday of slasher movies, so at least it was taking a different tack from that. I have a feeling that there was a lot of coke being done behind the camera that might have made the artistic decisions being made at the time to seem more interesting than they really were. Also, having a lead that is so easy on the eyes probably helped to gloss over the murkiness of the plot.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis