Once again: what are you listening to now? Part 2.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Trail of Dead (for short)- Source Tags & Codes. I think that was 2000 or 2002. The last great rock album I like to jokingly say since rock's pretty well done. I dunno if that's really true. Hard rock chaos but also artful. Conrad Keely did a number of art pieces and album covers that I really liked, including this one from the album.
1726561403226.png

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I think it's a difficult to listen to today because it's so depressing, but when it first came out it was a head shaker.

Radiohead--Ok Computer (1997)
1726562593699.png

What is the concept behind OK Computer?

The lyrics depict a dystopian world fraught with rampant consumerism, capitalism, social alienation, and political malaise, with themes such as transport, technology, insanity, death, modern British life, globalisation and anti-capitalism.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Couple tracks that crack me up.

Fitter Happier
Electioneering- When I go forwards/You go backwards/And somewhere we will meet

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I am torn. Armstrong is REALLY good and the new song is excellent, but her covers of older LP songs is hit or miss simply because nobody can emulate Chester and I am not sure anyone should. It is good to see them on tour. I hope they expand the tour because it will be impossible to get tix to 6 world wide dates.

D

dolynick

Audioholic
After mentioning it in another thread, I decided to try something from nativeDSD.com yesterday.

Picked up:
1726637993475.png

and
1726637972786.png

Both do sound rather remarkable, but I only have one system (of three) that's setup to actually pass and decode DSD in its native format and they sound great on the other two converted to 24/192 as well.

The first won a Grammy in 2018 for sound engineering. The second is an odd jazz, eastern & electronic fusion with an electric violin that I've been quiet enjoying.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
While we appreciate the posts, it is preferred that you do not cross post to three different threads. Please post the LPs to the What Vinyl Only thread. Other material like CDs and Youtube videos can go to Once Again: What Are You Listen To Now? Part 2. The original What Are You Listening To Now thread was abandoned for Part 2 although most members will catch either thread. Single posts save time and reduce clutter. Thank you. :)

J

John Lohmann

Full Audioholic
While we appreciate the posts, it is preferred that you do not cross post to three different threads. Please post the LPs to the What Vinyl Only thread. Other material like CDs and Youtube videos can go to Once Again: What Are You Listen To Now? Part 2. The original What Are You Listening To Now thread was abandoned for Part 2 although most members will catch either thread. Single posts save time and reduce clutter. Thank you. :)
Duly noted; how about SINGLES -- should they be posted in the "Once Again" thread?

It may help if the original What Are You Listening To Now thread was locked, as to not cause any confusion.

D

dolynick

Audioholic
The Hu - The Gereg
1726713769996.png

Mixed in with a bunch of other stuff, but I'll single this one out today.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis