Once again: what are you listening to now? Part 2.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
I enjoyed the Peter Gabriel I/O album. His voice has held up remarkably well. I liked the album enough that I went for a walk this evening and picked up the discs. The Atmos/TrueHD track is so nice. I recommend it for Peter Gabriel and Dolby Atmos fans.
IMG_4366.jpeg

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
Thanks for the heads up. I love Joe Bonamassa and didn’t know about this side project band. Checking out all 4 albums available on Qobuz.
The "Groove is King" album has Billy Gibbons MC'ng but he never hits a lick. Well recorded albums. I listened to two of them back to back and own the Groove is King CD, which is a SACD hybrid or something. It plays on my PC but not on the one in my truck.

Will definitely check out the one you posted.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Their version of a Greatful Dead tune, don't remember if it's Blues For Allah or Franklin's Tower is great- great lineup, too- Jimmy Herring, T-Lavitz (Dixie Dregs, among others, Billy Cobham on drums and Alphonso Johnson (Weather Report, Billy Cobham & many others)

3db

3db

Audioholic Overlord
Listened to this during my 1 hour stint on the stationary bike

IMG_0328.jpg
IMG_0329.jpg

Blues for the rest of day.
Img-70.JPG
Img-71.JPG
Img-72.JPG
Img-73.JPG

IMG_0332.jpg
IMG_0333.jpg

Last edited:
davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Jazz station on my WIIM pro plus streamer. I can't believe that I waited until 2023 to stream music. High def and soooo convenient.

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Senior Audioholic
Jazz station on my WIIM pro plus streamer. I can't believe that I waited until 2023 to stream music. High def and soooo convenient.
I hear you I’m glad I made the move last year myself. I’m looking to get a second streamer and DAC for my second system. Considering the WIIM pro plus. How do you like it?

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
I've streamed music since it became available but never thought much of it because it was basically a discovery tool to buy CDs with. When I started with computers, they could only play midi files. Soon as real music became available, or even a PC that could play a CD true to form, I was all over that. I didn't even know I was streaming music. I still don't strive-to-stream, but whatever it is I am listening to, it appears that Scamazon's algorithm has figured me out, magically enough.

My older brother has never even touched a CD. But he has some big JBLs and an pretty extensive album collection spanning 50+ years and you cannot convince him he has missed anything, and I get that too, so I don't even bother to say. I aim to bring down some Bluetooth music and some little hi-fi bookshelf speakers and some tiny Chi-fi amps. I know he will notice it's exceptionally good, regardless, and be somewhat surprised of the seamlessness of it all.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
I hear you I’m glad I made the move last year myself. I’m looking to get a second streamer and DAC for my second system. Considering the WIIM pro plus. How do you like it?
I absolutely love it. An upgrade to the op amps and DAC over the WIIM pro. It really sounds good in my system, and I don't have to turn the record over or change the cd. :)

3db

3db

Audioholic Overlord
Yesterday's listening was a bit eclectic. Starting with jazz as I was baking but then moved onto something harder once baking was done.

IMG_0371.jpg
IMG_0372.jpg
IMG_0373.jpg

Img-79.JPG

Then switched to something a lil harder
Img-76.JPG
Img-77.JPG

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis