Once again: what are you listening to now? Part 2.

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
Thanks for the heads up. I love Joe Bonamassa and didn’t know about this side project band. Checking out all 4 albums available on Qobuz.
The "Groove is King" album has Billy Gibbons MC'ng but he never hits a lick. Well recorded albums. I listened to two of them back to back and own the Groove is King CD, which is a SACD hybrid or something. It plays on my PC but not on the one in my truck.

Will definitely check out the one you posted.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Their version of a Greatful Dead tune, don't remember if it's Blues For Allah or Franklin's Tower is great- great lineup, too- Jimmy Herring, T-Lavitz (Dixie Dregs, among others, Billy Cobham on drums and Alphonso Johnson (Weather Report, Billy Cobham & many others)

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Listened to this during my 1 hour stint on the stationary bike

IMG_0328.jpg
IMG_0329.jpg

Blues for the rest of day.
Img-70.JPG
Img-71.JPG
Img-72.JPG
Img-73.JPG

IMG_0332.jpg
IMG_0333.jpg

Last edited:
davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Jazz station on my WIIM pro plus streamer. I can't believe that I waited until 2023 to stream music. High def and soooo convenient.

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Audioholic Chief
Jazz station on my WIIM pro plus streamer. I can't believe that I waited until 2023 to stream music. High def and soooo convenient.
I hear you I’m glad I made the move last year myself. I’m looking to get a second streamer and DAC for my second system. Considering the WIIM pro plus. How do you like it?

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
I've streamed music since it became available but never thought much of it because it was basically a discovery tool to buy CDs with. When I started with computers, they could only play midi files. Soon as real music became available, or even a PC that could play a CD true to form, I was all over that. I didn't even know I was streaming music. I still don't strive-to-stream, but whatever it is I am listening to, it appears that Scamazon's algorithm has figured me out, magically enough.

My older brother has never even touched a CD. But he has some big JBLs and an pretty extensive album collection spanning 50+ years and you cannot convince him he has missed anything, and I get that too, so I don't even bother to say. I aim to bring down some Bluetooth music and some little hi-fi bookshelf speakers and some tiny Chi-fi amps. I know he will notice it's exceptionally good, regardless, and be somewhat surprised of the seamlessness of it all.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
I hear you I’m glad I made the move last year myself. I’m looking to get a second streamer and DAC for my second system. Considering the WIIM pro plus. How do you like it?
I absolutely love it. An upgrade to the op amps and DAC over the WIIM pro. It really sounds good in my system, and I don't have to turn the record over or change the cd. :)

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Yesterday's listening was a bit eclectic. Starting with jazz as I was baking but then moved onto something harder once baking was done.

IMG_0371.jpg
IMG_0372.jpg
IMG_0373.jpg

Img-79.JPG

Then switched to something a lil harder
Img-76.JPG
Img-77.JPG

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
Yesterday's listening was a bit eclectic. Starting with jazz as I was baking but then moved onto something harder once baking was done.
I'm pretty well known around these parts for my baking. My mom taught me the basics when I was a kid, and when it was just my sons and myself, I taught myself the rest of the way and all other forms of domestic skills. As a result, they grew up knowing how, too, and manage to cook for themselves at a pretty advanced level.

First word of advice my mom gave me was. . ."Measure accurately."

Pfeffernusse. Some say this spicy cookie is an acquired taste. My experience has been that it must be an addicting one because people keep going back until they are gone. My son's favorite cookie and he is not fond of licorice. A dessert with a goodly amount of black pepper and clove.

Known for scratch built pies, too.

My mom used to make these cinnamon strips with the leftover dough trimmings. My brothers and I loved these. When I was on my own, I swore there would always be more than enough. I make enough extra dough for a two crust pie and turn it into these. Another one of those things you will catch people double clutching shamelessly. I roll pie dough (homemade, it matters) into burrito shapes and then cut them when fresh out of the oven. They go good on the plate with the pie and ice cream.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis