Once again: what are you listening to now? Part 2.

Kaskade89052

Kaskade89052

Audioholic Samurai
I had a friend who had a cottage in Atlantic Beach. Lots of trips on the A train. Great area, haven't been in years. It's expensive everywhere so we're all in the same damn boat!.
Holy crap! What a small world! I wouldn't think anyone would even have known that town; I usually tell people "Yeah, I lived near Long Beach....or Jones Beach, if you know where that is....."

Wow. So funny....

Yeah, I miss that area and growing up there; my parents are gone now but I sure would love to move back to my childhood home (which was off the street that housed The Sands catering hall, if you know where that is, and which is now over a million dollars I think)...:eek::eek:

My dad owned a chain of furniture stores throughout Brooklyn, with the main one being on Flatbush Avenue in Park Slope, and I remember as a boy driving through Far Rockaway and over the Marine Parkway Bridge (I think it was) to get there sometimes....we would ride under the "L" all the way to the bridge, past Jacob Riiis park, and then hop on the Belt Parkway (I had cousins who lived around the corner from the Coney Island Hospital, so we would go that way to visit them too).

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
Holy crap! What a small world! I wouldn't think anyone would even have known that town; I usually tell people "Yeah, I lived near Long Beach....or Jones Beach, if you know where that is....."

Wow. So funny....

Yeah, I miss that area and growing up there; my parents are gone now but I sure would love to move back to my childhood home (which was off the street that housed The Sands catering hall, if you know where that is, and which is now over a million dollars I think)...:eek::eek:

My dad owned a chain of furniture stores throughout Brooklyn, with the main one being on Flatbush Avenue in Park Slope, and I remember as a boy driving through Far Rockaway and over the Marine Parkway Bridge (I think it was) to get there sometimes....we would ride under the "L" all the way to the bridge, past Jacob Riiis park, and then hop on the Belt Parkway (I had cousins who lived around the corner from the Coney Island Hospital, so we would go that way to visit them too).
It certainly is a small world. Sorry about your parents. That must have been a great area to grow up in. I loved the beach out there. It was a well kept secret about NYC.
Damn, with the price of real estate now those furniture stores would be worth $$$ now.

Kaskade89052

Kaskade89052

Audioholic Samurai
It certainly is a small world. Sorry about your parents. That must have been a great area to grow up in. I loved the beach out there. It was a well kept secret about NYC.
Damn, with the price of real estate now those furniture stores would be worth $$$ now.
Thanks brother; yeah, lost my dad in 05 and my mom this past September.

It's funny....when talking about NYC beaches, everyone always goes immediately to Coney Island -- but there was always Far Rock (I actually had an Aunt who lived in one of the buildings on the beach in Far Rock before moving to Florida; she's gone too now :confused:).

Oh, and hell yeah about the furniture stores -- my dad actually got rid of all of them except for the last main store on Flatbush Avenue, and he got good money when he sold it to retire in Vegas, but NOW that property is RIDICULOUSLY valuable....as are the apartments he built before he sold the business out back.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis