Once again: what are you listening to now? Part 2.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Never heard of these guys. Unusual sound they have, I think it could grow on me.

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
Shelby Lynne...Just A Little Lovin

SACD

I had the title cut on MP3 and decided to go with the SACD version...Ms Lynne dabbled in country for her 1st few albums, but displays an R&Bish, soulful, folksy and bluesy sound all wrapped up in this album of covers.

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
My cat likes 80's pop music lol. Had to take her to the vet this morning to get fixed cause cats come broken. It's a 45 min drive and she didnt like being in the little box. I thought maybe music would help so I put on the 80s station on Sirius and she practically fell asleep in there. :)

Wait, maybe that meant she didnt like 80s music?

2channel lover

Jacintha...Lust Life

Multi-ch SACD

I cued this one up right after Shelby Lynne. Another female singer that focuses on covering songs.

This one falls more in the jazzy, bar lounge genre, but clearly the title "Black Coffee has some blues influence.

Sound quality is excellent, and the multi-ch mix is well engineered, but this is one that I prefer the 2 ch version over the multi-channel.

2channel lover

I've been expanding my female (jazzy) vocal selection. Last night I played the 3rd of my recent purchases.

Jacintha...The Girl From Bossa Nova

Multi-ch SACD

I was drawn to the relaxed Latin flavor immediately...a rare find at least in non-classical SACDs...a true 5.1 mix. The MC mix on Lust Life is good, but I felt the vocals were better on the 2 ch...the 5.1 mix here is very good....vocals come thru a discrete CC...played at about 62-65 dB peaking into the low 70s...outstanding clarity and detail.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I listened to Dutch Mason "Dutch Mason Blues" on vinyl. I really like his stuff and it doesn't hurt that he's a Maritimer to boot.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis