Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
And I thought you clarified that you were talking about Milwaukee. You seem to want to argue nationally when you think you are right and then hide behind "I meant local" when you aren't supported. I'm not going to try to force you into a national discussion if that's not what you meant to have (I didn't know you were specific to one city until you responded); but don't try to play both sides.
He does that regularly and when frustrated by facts he plays the "you're a foreigner!" card as an argument.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
There is clips of JD Vance yesterday saying on a rally that drinking "Mountain Dew" would make Democrats claiming that was racist. What was that about?

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
He does that regularly and when frustrated by facts he plays the "you're a foreigner!" card as an argument.
When did I make any mention of someone being a foreigner? If someone hasn't been here, they haven't seen the BS that's happening and reading about it is a poor way of finding out how bad it is. You, OTOH, like to tell people in far off places about where they live as if you're some kind of expert on the place. Milwaukee IS NOT a typical place and thinking that most cities in the US are alike is wrong.

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Ninja
There is clips of JD Vance yesterday saying on a rally that drinking "Mountain Dew" would make Democrats claiming that was racist. What was that about?
I think he thought it would get a laugh/applause because it (incoherently) bashed liberals. We hate those guys.

I think what's happening is that the nonsensicalness of the "dems claim everything is racist" has gone so far that even the right is having trouble understanding it.

Though this is one of the times I feel it's important to point out the distinction between "someone who claims association" and "national leaders in a party". There's a tendency by a side that shall remain nameless to compare "some whacko on the street" with elected representatives in their party as though that's an equivalence.

But that's the unity that the VP nominee for the GOP is bringing to the table. Ridiculous public assertions that the left calls drinking Mountain Dew "racist".

highfigh

highfigh

How people become addicted to drugs is not relevant to my point.

I realize they aren't all from Latin America, but that's the main source. The number of illegal immigrants in the US is actually about a quarter of Canada's population.
What we know about unauthorized immigrants living in the U.S. | Pew Research Center

I don't know how my post gave you the idea that I'm encouraging the US to let them in. What I'm saying is that as long as there is a strong demand to immigrate to the US, immigration policies will always be a step behind. Those are two completely different statements. I try to be unambiguous in my comments, so if I don't say something, don't assume that I'm insinuating it. And, I'm not judging US immigration policies, just making an observation.

The point is - AGAIN - stricter laws/enforcement will not solve the problem, as they haven't with the drug war. If you think dumping them back across the border will discourage others from coming...well, good luck with that. The problem has to be solved in the source countries, not in the US.

It's far more difficult to cross the Mexico-US border than the US-Canada border. In fact, it's not difficult at all to cross the border into Canada - from the enforcement standpoint. It's just that we don't share a land border with a large source of demand, which adds a degree of difficulty to getting here. Still, we have one of the highest immigration rates in the world and about 23% of our population was born in a different country. The number of illegal immigrants is estimated to be around 500,000. Nobody knows for sure because, well...they aren't easy to count. That's about half the number per capita compared with the US.

I don't know. Maybe it's because they they are there illegally, so how do you enforce it? If you can't explain it, why would you expect me to?

It's not so much Belarussian or Russian illegals that are crossing over into western Europe. Those two countries are bringing migrants from Africa, the Middle East and South Asia and trying to dump them across EU borders - for the express purpose of destabilizing western Europe.
How can addiction be discussed without considering the path?

I don't know how many times I have posted that the source countries need to do more for their people in order to reduce this but I agree with you on that and the last part- destabilization is happening and recently, England has had rioting in Leeds, London and Manchester.

highfigh

highfigh

I think he thought it would get a laugh/applause because it (incoherently) bashed liberals. We hate those guys.

I think what's happening is that the nonsensicalness of the "dems claim everything is racist" has gone so far that even the right is having trouble understanding it.

Though this is one of the times I feel it's important to point out the distinction between "someone who claims association" and "national leaders in a party". There's a tendency by a side that shall remain nameless to compare "some whacko on the street" with elected representatives in their party as though that's an equivalence.

But that's the unity that the VP nominee for the GOP is bringing to the table. Ridiculous public assertions that the left calls drinking Mountain Dew "racist".
Show me where I wrote ANY of that bullshit!

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
When did I make any mention of someone being a foreigner? If someone hasn't been here, they haven't seen the BS that's happening and reading about it is a poor way of finding out how bad it is. You, OTOH, like to tell people in far off places about where they live as if you're some kind of expert on the place. Milwaukee IS NOT a typical place and thinking that most cities in the US are alike is wrong.
Since you asked, I provide a reference for my claim and lo and behold: Posted less than 24 hours ago in this very same thread.There are numerous other over the years, btw.

Thanks for allowing us to let them in, but the fact is, the US has taken more illegals into the country than Canada's entire population. Why not let our country handle this and youpr country can handle your problems. [Trell: emphasis added] Sorry that the US is one of yours, but if you want that to change, we'll need a better education system, better parents, better government and, well, I think you get the idea. FWIW- one party wants to let everyone in, the other doesn't, without them being checked out. It's not a blanket "No! get out!", we need to check them out.

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

Are you JD Vance?

If so, I accused you of saying it, not writing it.
If not: what are you talking about? I didn't mention you at all.
Sorry, I was responding to a different post when I had multiple windows open.

But to the points about Vance and his comments, I guess we'll see how long he remains the VP candidate. If the last election is any indication, it will be another clown car.

highfigh

highfigh

Since you asked, I provide a reference for my claim and lo and behold: Posted less than 24 hours ago in this very same thread.There are numerous other over the years, btw.
Why would anyone from one country dare to tell someone in another country how to deal with the problems that exist, as if the second person can make the necessary changes by themselves? You do it, GO-NAD does it and it's pretty annoying. The US has far too many problems and I'll never deny that. How they can be solved is up for debate, but they began a long time ago and the government is the source, but un/mis-informed/stupid voters are the cause. You can say "Make the changes by voting for new candidates", but we don't usually see better candidates, only different ones and even then, the lack of term limits prevents electing someone new because the ones we need don't want the job. Also, many elections see low voter turnout, so it's tough to accomplish what's needed.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Sorry, I was responding to a different post when I had multiple windows open.

But to the points about Vance and his comments, I guess we'll see how long he remains the VP candidate. If the last election is any indication, it will be another clown car.
@GO-NAD! has made a prediction already a few posts above this one! :D

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Why would anyone from one country dare to tell someone in another country how to deal with the problems that exist, as if the second person can make the necessary changes by themselves? You do it, GO-NAD does it and it's pretty annoying. The US has far too many problems and I'll never deny that. How they can be solved is up for debate, but they began a long time ago and the government is the source, but un/mis-informed/stupid voters are the cause. You can say "Make the changes by voting for new candidates", but we don't usually see better candidates, only different ones and even then, the lack of term limits prevents electing someone new because the ones we need don't want the job. Also, many elections see low voter turnout, so it's tough to accomplish what's needed.
Dudes like you think, very mistakenly, that your posts are not read or just are forgotten at the same moment you post them. That is not so. That same goes for your links trying to bolster your "arguments". Those are read too, along with judgements of factual reliability. Hint: You generally don't do so well.

I don't always comment upon the links, but as we're on the topic: Your synopsis of a recent link to NPR regarding Kamala Harris use of Biden/Harris campaign money does not really reflect what the article said. No, I'm not going to provide a link to that post of yours. You did post that less than 24 hours ago or so, though.

And then, we have "Why would anyone from one country dare to tell someone in another country how to deal with the problems" totally contradict your post "Where did I..."

I dare to say many things because I live in a free society but ilk like you want to take that away from me. Your rhetoric is just the same the brutal dictatorship China is using to quell free speech.

Q.E.D.

Last edited:
GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
How can addiction be discussed without considering the path?

I don't know how many times I have posted that the source countries need to do more for their people in order to reduce this but I agree with you on that and the last part- destabilization is happening and recently, England has had rioting in Leeds, London and Manchester.
I wasn't discussing addiction.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

well, we had several instances of ruzzians in Europe (Germany) killing Ukrainians simply because they were wearing Ukrainian flags o_O
They may not necessarily been all Ukranian, some could be supporters, a sad day.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Moronic? Where did he go for higher education? A refund is due.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis