Odd Speakers and Other Curiosities

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Those would look awesome in a pair of speakers! I'd mount them right on top, a la B&W!

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Those look like they're from an old school Klipsch fever dream!

In all seriousness I'll bet those sound amazing all dialed in and set up proper.
Actually, they were inspired by some Altec cabinets which were released in the 1960's. I would think so but you would need a large listening room for them.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Those look like they're from an old school Klipsch fever dream!

In all seriousness I'll bet those sound amazing all dialed in and set up proper.
Here is the old Altec cabinet that inspired them:

Altec_820_1.jpg

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
So how would those hold up today, compared to more modern designs? Is it accurate and detailed?
I used to own Altec "A7 Voice of the Theater" speakers using only one 15" woofer in each cabinet. Although they weren't as accurate as SOTA modern speakers, they were pleasing to listen to, but the sectoral horns project a little bit too much to my liking in a small to moderate size room. Also, the 416 woofers, because of their low Qts, are not very efficient at frequencies below 40 Hz unless you use huge cabinets, or you EQ them with proper bass reflex tuning.

Last edited:
panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I've looked through this thread and didn't see these (if this is a repost, sorry).

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
They are the same as the ones I posted (Page 3 -Post #50) Mines were red however.:)
Ha. So not technically a repost. Lol.

However, it's frightening that they sold enough of those for there to be COLOR OPTIONS

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Those are as tall as a human aren't they? They definitely scratch the big speaker itch!
No, they're less than 50 inches tall. They contain JBL drivers: 15" woofers, a mid-range horn and what I believe is a 075 Bullet tweeter.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Okay I've never seen these before, but they look very interesting. I'll bet they sound really nice. ClairAudient 1+1 V2 for $1150.

00p0p_7PpTqf6UIkf_0CI0ir_600x450.jpg

Also found these B&W Red Birds Eye speakers for $2700. Out of my price range right now, but I've never heard of them before.

00v0v_77qpe5l815e_0cM0aq_600x450.jpg

These JBL L250 TIs for $4500 are unusual looking speakers. Again, never heard of them before.

00s0s_l1z9z9fyimG_05r07g_600x450.jpg
00E0E_c8HNgPswGVy_05r07g_600x450.jpg

What on earth is all that??

Mackie powered sub for $350. Unusual design.

00X0X_kfXidoCx6R6_0lM0CI_600x450.jpg

These are all Craigslist finds, btw. I haven't gone through CL in a while.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
And last but not least...

00101_bVxJ6QNP4Pb_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

A Jamoji Poo speaker! Only $12! Finally, a new aesthetic!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis