Odd connection terminal

J

jayman5050

Audiophyte
I need help finding out what this is? We just bought this house and these were pre-existing. It’s unusual and I’ve never seen it before. These are my speaker wires for my tv audio. Speakers are mounted in the ceiling. Would like to use the speakers but need to connect these speakers to the TV. Can I replace these connectors with a different type or should I Just re-route new wire?

Attachments

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai
Obviously something proprietary, You can cut off the connector and expose the internal wiring by stripping back the outer jacket. That would be the first step in determining what wires go to which speakers.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

J

jayman5050

Audiophyte
Obviously something proprietary, You can cut off the connector and expose the internal wiring by stripping back the outer jacket. That would be the first step in determining what wires go to which speakers.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt
thanks for the feedback.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I need help finding out what this is? We just bought this house and these were pre-existing. It’s unusual and I’ve never seen it before. These are my speaker wires for my tv audio. Speakers are mounted in the ceiling. Would like to use the speakers but need to connect these speakers to the TV. Can I replace these connectors with a different type or should I Just re-route new wire?
Your tv can power external speakers?

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Can't tell you if we don't know the brand and model of the TV and speakers. The number of holes may mean the speakers were powered by whatever was ahead of them. It would be low power, but ABUS was powered by Cat5, so it's possible.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis